Any one using Adobe Photoshop Elements 9

Rhodes19

Hi All,

Is anyone using Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 to photoshop their pictures? If so, how do you like it? Is it easy to use? Can you get just as good a picture as the full blown version of Photoshop? I know if I had a better camera I could get some much better pictures but for now, I would like something to clean up my pictures more like they really look. Thanks. :)

Chris

Rhodes19

I have version 7 and don't know 1% of what all I can do with it, works well for me, I would recommend it.

Thanks Glenn. I appreciate the feed back. I just downloaded a trial version and as I get time I'll play with it and see what I can do with it. Right now, all I want to do with it is clean up my photos and make the colors look more like they do on the tank. Ok, I also want to be able to take a picture of a friend's head and place it on someone else's body to get back at him for doing that to me. :D

QuentinB

I have version 8, I'd recommend it as well. If you're used to the full blown photoshop, you might be disappointed, but there are still plenty of tools and features to do the job. From what you said, it might be just what you need. I think I paid $20 for that and a couple other programs, if you're interested, PM me and I can find it for you. Otherwise, have fun!

Rhodes19

I have version 8, I'd recommend it as well. If you're used to the full blown photoshop, you might be disappointed, but there are still plenty of tools and features to do the job. From what you said, it might be just what you need. I think I paid $20 for that and a couple other programs, if you're interested, PM me and I can find it for you. Otherwise, have fun!

Hi Quentin,

Thanks. I've never used PS before so this is a new venture for me. I've played with the trial verson of pse 9 but the biggest problem I have is trying to figure out what I can do with it, how to do it, and with the terminology! LOL I'll have to watch more on line video tutorials this weekend. :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Your very welcome ! I usually use the "Quick Edit" just to adjust the contrast because I am shooting under the T5's & want the pics to look more like what I am seeing. I have a Canon EOS DSLR & can shoot in Raw Format, with the Raw format you can really get some nice pics.

Here my latest FTS from 1-1-2011

IMG_1530z.jpg

Rhodes19

Oh I am so jealous. That is a beautiful shot and I love the green ringed purple monti. Most folks I've talked with use the Canon EOS DSLR and love them. Even my daughter and son in law have one (not for aquariums yet :)) and they think its great. Hopefully I can get one next year. Thanks Glenn.