Any difference in clams?

KeyserSoze

The first half of this thread has some good info for questions I've had and seen others post recently. I thought I'd bump it to the top for others to review. I found it useful.

forestal

Great info on this thread...

Barry & Kennerd, maybe you could add some of your experience to the Reefipedia on clams... i didn't put too much in , due to inexperience... or if you don't mind i will use your info for the reefipedia...

also a question back on topic.... i acquired a gold maxima at 1.5" gold from a fellow reefer who thought it didnt look so good under his pc's..:) so never having kept a clam before i took it as a rescue, spot fed it dt's /oyster eggs every day...now its almost 4" (see my tank thread for pics), and i have stopped feeding...
I have it on the highest rock under 250w MH in my 120...which is halfway up... it is growing, but is this too much light for a gold maxima that doesnt require as much as a regular maxima or say a croceea?

I am also excited ordered two croceas from Barry...plan on putting them in the rocks as well.

chris&barb

forestal said:
I have it on the highest rock under 250w MH in my 120...which is halfway up... it is growing, but is this too much light for a gold maxima that doesnt require as much as a regular maxima or say a croceea?

since the clam has been there for a little while, it is well adjusted to the lighting and shouldn't have any problems at all with it.

it's not that certain clams require less light then others, its that some clams can tolerate less lighting then others. all the clams we keep, if acclimated correctly can and will do well under very intense lighting. but that is not the case if you go the other way.