ANOTHER post about marine ich

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Haha.... I knew it! Mine developed it so fast I was sure it was par for the course for purples. I even see divers den sell "blemished" purple tangs and it is clearly scarring from HLLE.

Glad to hear they are pulling through. You should be close to done eh?

reefguy

That's awesome. Glad to hear they are going to make it.

For the tang if u give him the correct nutrition he should recover nicely. Long as the HLLE has not been going on for very long. Mine got it on the last week of treatment and I was able to get him out the tank am back in the DT and now he has only visible signs of it by his head but u actually hVe to look for it. I have made sure to feed him the right food from lees post and he is kickin butt.

Hope this helps

breezey1127

As of yesterday my cleaner wrasse is doing terrible. Laying on the bottom of the tank looking like he is going to die. My ammonia and nitrites are fine so I am thinking it is the copper treatment. I find it weird that he was perfectly fine up until yesterday.

So I am wondering if I should stop the treatment or not? It was suppose to be over on friday but my cleaner wrasse went into the hospital tank 6 days late so the new end date is suppose to be next week. What should I do?

reefguy

I would stop it and do a water change. That's just me. Some fish just are not strong enough to handle the copper treatment. Observe him for a week see if he is getting better and if there are signs of Ich again. If so repeat treatment

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Yeah, I would do a WC and start running carbon to take the copper out.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I figured as much......once you "notice" it, it's usually too late.

I've been through your situation and now I run a EA UV on my tank, buy quality fish and toss them in. Not the traditional way but I know many people that have success like this.

You running your display fallow?

breezey1127

I figured as much......once you "notice" it, it's usually too late.

I've been through your situation and now I run a EA UV on my tank, buy quality fish and toss them in. Not the traditional way but I know many people that have success like this.

You running your display fallow?

Yes I am

LSUFireGal

I hear you. I am back up to normal salinity and now I am just watching for spots. I hate this QT tank. At least it will keep me from breaking the bank on new fish. I am done! Hopefully she is spot free on Saturday and I will let her get her display on. Lol

How much longer for you?

breezey1127

I hear you. I am back up to normal salinity and now I am just watching for spots. I hate this QT tank. At least it will keep me from breaking the bank on new fish. I am done! Hopefully she is spot free on Saturday and I will let her get her display on. Lol

How much longer for you?

The fish cannot go back into the display until March 27th! ugh