another feeding question

Manuelli

hi everynody, well i have an achilles tang about 5.5 in not long ago it was feeding on mysis shrimp, bloodworms and red algae(which it loves) all dipped in vita chem, so it's been 2 weeks now and it won't take anything except the red algae, i tried garlic guard, live bloodworms but nothing, it devours the algae like there is no tomorrow it seems fine it hasn't lost color or weight and to be sure i feed it tons of it a day, so my question is will it do ok with just algae? thank you guys!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
algae can disappear. you should see if he'll eat nori or algae flakes while there is still algae as a backup.

I'm fairly confident that's what he's saying. He's feeding it Red Algae sheets (since he said dipped in Vita-Chem). What I do is put red/green, red/brown, or brown/green sheets in at the same time. Let me explain . .

I use the "Sheet Clip" like so many others. I cut the sheets into smaller sheets (approx 2"w x 3"l). After I cut them to size I cut them almost completely through (length-wise) so they are almost serrated. I put 2 different sheets in at once and cut them at the same time. I don't know why but when I do this they ALL get eaten even though my fish aren't crazy over the brown they gobble it up when there are other colors with it.