Ann's RSM 130D

sushi62

Just curious...How do you direct your flow. I have a surface skimmer so should I still point 1 at the surface?

sushi62

Run Forest Run! lol
[video]http://s375.photobucket.com/user/sushi621/media/71880C3C-6328-4D6F-AF4E-262445029A6E_zpsuu0ais3h.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0[/video]

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

You can click on the pic above to see vid or better, upload it to youtube (free) and then click on the Film Strip Icon here on RS, add the youtube url & it will appear full size :dance:

Great Vid ! looks like a race between the snail & the urchin :dance:

Oxylebius

Awesome urchin. I love urchins. That is a very clean tank, not good for the urchin. They eat a lot! And will slowly starve and never show any signs that they are starving. So you wouldn't know that it is starving until one day you find it dead. I'd supplement feeding it with dried algae (on a clip).

sushi62

Back to my hinge issue....We're having a blizzard today so I'm staying in and playing in the tank. I have figured out the malfunction with the hinges. They will absolutely won't open all the way. I'm hoping Kevin from Red Sea is still following this. I have tried the hinges and pins every which way. Look in the photo and notice where the top pin is. There is a rectangle indent in the hood where the pin attaches the arm. The end of the indent is blocking the function. It can't open because the side of the rectangle indent is too close to the hinge arm and stops the movement. I promise if I force it , it will break. I'm not a stupid girl....I know there is something not right. Any thoughts?

75EBA3FA-409A-4156-A5D6-18D2FF203368_zpsqrmfm2jp.jpg

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/...C_zps9xa5vx4e.jpg?1422119452313&1422119453096

NickF

I think I understand what you are saying. Mine is a 130c so I'm not sure if it is the same, but because it is curved the part attached to the hood should be able to go flush to it when the hood is open:

But it looks like you can't do this because the pin is too close to the indent? As you can see on mine, there is a few cm between the pin & the indent.
Sorry, this probably isn't any use to you as yours is a 130d. Hopefully someone else with a 130d or Kev can help?

sushi62

THANK YOU :woohoo: I'm not crazy right? You see what I mean. I hope Kevin sees this too and has a solution. I held the tank open with a wooden spoon today to do some maintenance and it's not the safest thing to do. Even if I don't get this resolved I'm so happy someone else see's what I see :dance:

sushi62

Does your skimmer go through periods where it doesn't produce any foam? My tank is now a month old and I noticed I haven't had any foam in a couple of days. The air is wide open. Just wondering if this is normal. Also, I believe the brownish coral in the front is a hairy mushroom. Should it be in the sand or on the rocks? Thanks