Angel and Butterfly Club~

michael_cb_125

Nice fish but think smaller.
Your best bet is to look into Pygmies. Most larger angels do need large tanks.
As with all fish there are exceptions. And there are exceptions within species. ~Michael

michael_cb_125

A few that (can) do well in a 55.
Regal
Gold Flake
Grey Poma
Blue Spotted
Flag Fin
Singapore

Obviously there are many factors that play into wether or not these fish WILL actually do well in a 55, but the right specimen will do great in a 55.
~Michael

michael_cb_125

Another thing to consider is that you want a small butterfly that is safe with corals. This can be difficult. Many of the best choices for smaller reef tanks are quite pricey. Look for the fish in the Tinkerii Complex.
~Michael

michael_cb_125

A fish that I am looking for is the Bank's Butterfly. This is a deepwater species that is found from bermuda to Brazil. Actually they find them off the coast of NC in deep water. These are butterflies that are suitable to a smaller tank, and most who obtain them put'em in reef tanks.
~Michael

michael_cb_125

BankButterflyfish.jpg

A retailer in Ga. (Justrarefish.com) had a few of these a while back, but they were much larger than I wanted.
~Michael

sambrinar

Brenda- This is a little angel that I simply love. Megan has been contemplating getting one of these little fish. They have a great personality, and stay very small (3" MAX typically 2.5"). Plus, they are one of the safer choices for a reef tank.
lg_1223081-154.jpg

~Michael

Michael which one is this??? It is pretty too. I get to pick out my tank.. Gonna try to go 75 gal... ;)

michael_cb_125

You will like the 75. I have a standard 75 sitting in my room right now.
Opss...I said too much.

Aw well, the 75 is going to be my Quarantine tank. Many of the fish that we are looking at need large spaces, so I figured that a 75 would be ok. :)
~Michael

sambrinar

You will like the 75. I have a standard 75 sitting in my room right now.
Opss...I said too much.

Aw well, the 75 is going to be my Quarantine tank. Many of the fish that we are looking at need large spaces, so I figured that a 75 would be ok. :)
~Michael

Why did you say too much??

michael_cb_125

I would cry if the fish were out of the tank. :(

Soooo.....when are you getting the new tank?
And then....when are you getting the new Angel?
:)
~Michael

acwt

Hi,
Beautiful angels and butterflies!
I bought two angels today ( in hindsight not wise) a small bicolor and a coral beauty. They were in the same small tank at the fish store. seemed to get along. LFS said as long as I introduced them togehter it should be fine.They are currently together in a 36 g with live rock and a clown. I am currently two weeks into cycling a 110 g tank. What are my chances that the bicolor with survive until the 110g is safe for the angel? The coral beauty is bigger and somewhat aggressive towards the bicolor the bicolor is not aggressive
ACWT