anemone ID and help

Nitesky

My anemone has been "flat" for the past 20 hours or so. Is it dead? :eek:the fishes used to go crazy for it, but once I introduced another anemone(?) the fish has abandoned it.
I use to have it on the Live rock, but moved it down to the sand bed. Would this be the cause? where should I put the anemone? I saw some transparent slime like material draped over the anemone today.

What are the names of my anemones? Im a newbie.
IMG_0120.jpg

the new anemone(?) or is it something else polyp(?)
IMG_0117.jpg

old setting
IMG_0054.jpg

RSM250

GrendelPrime

1st pic is fungia a.k.a. plate coral the 2nd pic looks like a green gonipora both are lps and the 3rd looks like an anemone but i have no idea which kind it might be, the plate likes med light with med to low flow and likes to be in the sand where u have him, the green gonipora has a very high death rate so u might want to do a search and see what tricks people are doing to keep them alive, what size tank is this and what type of lights are u rocking?

Is the 3rd pic the same fungia / plate coral in the first picture? I have seen long tentacled plate corals before. Are you feeding it?

Nitesky

Yes the first and 3rd pic is the same. So it's not an anemone? I tried feeding it fish food (pellets) yesterday. Didn't seem to work.

soco

No if the first and third are the same than it is not an anem. Try leaving it on the sand and feeding it brine or mysis shrimp when it inflates back up.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Nitesky, your tank looks really new? so its going through some changes that are probably affecting the plate, the Gonipora is a very hard to keep species so don't expect it to do very well, also be prepared for the show of all shows... the clown fights, they will get along for a short time but as they start to mature there is going to be trouble so be prepared to move one of them.
Maybe you could describe your tank a bit? lighting, water parameters etc

soco

If it is deflated like that for very long there is a chance that the underside of the plate was damaged when it was up on the rocks

Nitesky

thanks for all the input. Yes the tank i very new. Less than a week.
I guess I shouldn't be putting in the corals as of yet, but I can't bear seeing the tank so bare. The water was pre-mixed from the LFS, so they suggested 3 days was enough to add corals.

The plate coral is now a bit better, half inflated (night time in hong kong) will try feeding it the shrimps tomorrow.

Everything is so fascinating. My wife wasn't too happy when the delivery guys came to setup the tank, had a 30min talk... more like scolding. But now she sits in front of the tank at night, shining a torch looking for worms and other critters. My 2yr old son now watches the tank instead of the TV, which I'm emphasizing to the wife.

I've been checking the parameters every 2 days.
N02, N03, p043, NH3/NH4 are all perfect
PH is 8.4 water at 23 Celcius, salinity 1.023

Tank is red sea max so lights are standard.

soco

Your ph is jus a tad to high it should be around 8.2 and ur salinity is a tad low for a reef. Most of us keep it around.025

GrendelPrime

1 thing i would be very worried about is the ammonia sence the tank isnt cycled yet so if u arent it might be a good idea to start testing daily for ammonia and have some water ready to do water changes when ammonia starts to show up

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I hated an empty tank as well and filled too quickly. I lost everything. Fyi im doing a few more tanks now n im moving soooooo muuuuch slllllower.

Matts DROIDX via Tapatalk

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Nobody likes to see an empty tank but nobody likes to see a tank full of dead corals and fish either. Your LFS is either irresponsible or they just don't know what they're doing I'd suggest you find a new one.

The key to long term success is patience a beautiful tank doesn't happen overnight. Also the corals you've added to your tank {Heliofungia/Goniopora} are some of the most difficult to keep long term so before adding anything to your tank research should be done to make sure you have the right setup for long term care of the corals/fish.

Grandel prime mentioned ammonia levels and I agree try to find something that can detoxify ammonia such as ammo-lock.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Everything is so fascinating. My wife wasn't too happy when the delivery guys came to setup the tank, had a 30min talk... more like scolding.

hahaha, been there, live there, got the scars, Welcome to the club

Nitesky

Nobody likes to see an empty tank but nobody likes to see a tank full of dead corals and fish either. Your LFS is either irresponsible or they just don't know what they're doing I'd suggest you find a new one.

I've requested the service of another LFS and they will come over and monitor/ provide maintenance to the tank twice a month until I'm comfortable with doing it myself.

soco

That's not very cool u have access to a place that will do that for u

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I've requested the service of another LFS and they will come over and monitor/ provide maintenance to the tank twice a month until I'm comfortable with doing it myself.

Good call if u don't have time to research.

Matts DROIDX via Tapatalk

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
lol you guys, Asia is a bit different than N America, when you buy something it is brought to the home and set up and installed, where my Wife comes from when you buy light bulbs a guy comes out with bulbs and a ladder, its what we used to call service