Anemone (Green Bubble tip)

We just got this bubble tip Anemone and was doing good, the foot looks fine but the mouth area is open pretty good. still has movement. Can someone help?

Attachments

• IMG_2757.JPG
    IMG_2757.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 24

PCDS

So sorry you are having trouble. Could you give more information so people could make suggestions?
How long has the tank been up and running; water parameters - nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, etc.
Nems need a mature tank and good parameters.
It could of course just be settling in. When did you get it and how did it look at the shop, and when you first put it in?

Tanks is been up and running for a month. We used a tank booster and everything has been ok till this week. Ph is 8.3 and everything is at 0 bout a UV for the tank to help out and water is looking better. From the store it looked amazing. This morning looks to be worse. But it still has color, placed it between to rocks to see if it would stop moving and so far it has. It looks like it finally planting it foot down

Image1460631837.794548.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCDS

I'm really sorry but anemones don't do well in new tanks. Usually the advice is not to get one till your tank has been running for at least 6 months.
The fish store shouldn't have sold it to you without checking that.:(

How big is the tank, and what is your water change schedule ? If you haven't done one in over a week, it maybe worth doing a partial water change. I am not an expert but I did once buy a bubble tip nem that died in my tank ( probably due to high nitrates). I was gutted! I have read a lot about them since but as my tank is still over stocked, I am not planning to buy one any time soon.

It will move until it finds a place it likes so don't try to move it. Hopefully a successful anemone keeper will log on soon with better advice.
There are some links on this forum to sites advising about anemones - try a search.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed - but if I thought your fish shop might accept it I would have advised you to take it back - sorry.

Awesome thanks, it's a crazy tank. It's 48"x24"x4" 10 gallon tank. I've been doing water change on Sunday. Between 1-2 gallons on it I took out the anemone this morning. I really don't want to worry it killing my tank. I can buy another 23$ anemone later.

DaveK

I really hate to post this, but I think your anemone is dead or soon to be that way. In looking at the second picture, it looks like it has expelled it's insides. It might recover, but I's say that is unlikely.

Before you toss it, look to see if you see any thing that looks like "smoke" coming out of it, This usually means it's decaying from the inside. You can also git it the smell test. A healthy anemone will smell bad, but a dead one will really smell rank and foul. In either case, discard the anemone.

Yes, it wasn't looking any better and notice strings coming out and I didn't want it to blow my tank up so I removed it this morning before going to work. Thanks for the help. Still learning. But definitely loving the hobby. Now I'm looking at Red Sea stuff