Ammonia***** in water

enquiring minds would like to know if this is truth or myth. if you piss in fresh water or saltwater will fish be atracted to it and come to you?:jester:

faust

Re: pissing in water

i heard of clam keepers doing it. also actually saw a shop owner do it to cycle a tank. anit no way in gods green earth i'd do it. i've never done it in our pool, much less a tank.

Royalscott

i heard of clam keepers doing it. also actually saw a shop owner do it to cycle a tank. anit no way in gods green earth i'd do it. i've never done it in our pool, much less a tank.

The million dollar question is, have you done it in other peoples pool???

D3monic

Well, yea....dont you? never pee'd in my tank but its alittle high for me. I could see it happening in a few dorm tanks though.

sneaks03

No I have never heard of that, definitely new to me. However, I was at a party and the guy had a FW tank. Well one of the drunk frat guys decided the fish needed a drink as well. Yeah the owner was pissed.

Blurp

Ergggg, why would clam-keepers do such a thing? Does urea help with colours?
Also don't think the have a RSM (too high:):))

lcstorc

I've never heard about it attracting fish, but you can use it to cycle a tank. Any amonia source will work for the cycle.
Not saying I would do it, just that it can be done.

Sapphire

Ergggg, why would clam-keepers do such a thing? Does urea help with colours?
Also don't think the have a RSM (too high:):))

I suppose it's for feeding - I guess it's like adding ammonium chloride which some people do (as I understand)

jski711

I've heard of this before as well. Our pee is probably cleaner than the saltwater with all the bacteria it has in it!! LOL.

well i am giong to start cycling a new tank so i will try the pee thing:dance: :dance: actually though i heard it from some country boy that its a good way to atract fish when going fishing. so hay its worth a shot.

sneaks03

Good luck with cyclin this way. However, I am a country bo who fishes plenty and I know any sign of humans generally runs fish off.

smoothie

There is a fish in south america that is attracted to it and will actually swim inside you, spread out it's barbs to lodge itself in and feed from the blood.
It is attracted by ammonia. Sorry for that mental picture

Sapphire

There is a fish in south america that is attracted to it and will actually swim inside you, spread out it's barbs to lodge itself in and feed from the blood.
It is attracted by ammonia. Sorry for that mental picture

I saw that in a doco - candiru???

D3monic

candiru.jpg

candiru.jpg

Candiru_Pic1.jpg

candirucopy.jpg

anewguy

saw something on that critter on i think it was the history channel not too long ago. got it stuck in his urethra, some days later had to go to the hospital and have it surgically removed. ouch!:eek:

Blurp

Fortunately we deal with saltwater...

But for those who may try it, I'm selling mine, shipment costs on charge of requesters :hammerhea