Alternate coral feeding pathway

Ah, the benefits of IMAC or MACNA ... where you can corner somelike like Eric Borneman and force him to say all these words before you have to. :D
A fun, challenging conversation - but I almost fell over when I heard Pocillapora, not at all what I would have said. Thank god `Acro' or `Monti' are so common, I could get by with that :)

NaH2O

Contributing Member
I'll argue that it is = Po Cill Apera.....like acro is really - a crop era and monti is mon tip era :D

I dunno, Eric said `pah - sill - aa - pora' with the aa longish and pora kinda clipped. He's one of those a crop ora [not `pora'] guys ... does it really matter? IMO no, but it's a fun diversion from time to time.

Personally, if I can pronounce zooxanthellae, I could care less if I pronounce Acropora `right' :) And if someone judges me [or you] by either - they're missing the point, as we learn so much of this stuff via written word aka internet.

I never took latin, but grad school whipped a lot of it into me, whether I like it or not.

Maxx

Thats authentic frontier jibberish folks...
amazing how fast a thread can be derailed, aint it?
Nick

Witfull

im sorry for any participation in derailing this thread, i wish to offer a laurel and hardy handshake to all....:D