Alk/DKH to high, and why?

Pro_builder

Just an update Boomer.
pH 8.02
Orp 325
Temp 79
Alk 12.2
Ca++ 480
The Alk is dropping, but the Ca++ is still up there a long ways, but also dropping from the previous. All suppliments are still turned off and the water changes have not been done.
I am wandering if I shouldn't do a water change to try to raise the pH back were it should be? Or, is there a better way to raise the pH with out raising anything else?
Thanks in advance

Pro_builder

Okay Boomer,
I have finally gotten my parameters down were they are supposed to be... ...I think.
Orp 308
Temp 79
Alk 10.75
Ca++ 425
But, the pH I can't get above 7.99 and keep it there. I am dropping to 7.5 at night, with fuge light on and 7.99 during the day just before the lights go off.

Any suggestions on this? Or do I just need to resume the water changes?

Pro_builder

I haven't done anything yet, including no water changes.
It has been over a month since I did a water change, there has been no new additions to the tank, but the coraline has really started to grow on the LR and back glass.
The skimmer has almost stopped producing much skimmate too, which I figure is because of the cleanliness of the crystal clear water. he he he lol
my orp is down to about 275 right now, with a pH of 7.96.

Should I start dripping Kalk again?

Pro_builder

Trust me it isn't from a tight house. This place has more holes in it than swiss cheese. I have a lot of aeration in the tank and sump and refuge. plus it has been running great pH while the Alk was at 16.

Pro_builder

Thanks all for the help on this feature problem. It has been awhile since I had a problem on one of my tanks. Plus, I was out of the hobby for about a year. I just figured it would be like riding a bicycle, you never forget.... ....boy was I ever wrong. I think I forgot more than I ever knew. :D

Pro_builder

You just need to replace the broken bulb.
(love your sig btw.)

I had run out of bulbs and Walmart doesn't sell the right ones for me. I have a full supply now that everything is up and running the way that it should be, thanks to all of you. :D