Ali's "Oasis" RSM 250

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Looks like a good amount of rock n sand. Good start on this exciting hobby! Welcome.

Matt's DROIDX using Forum Runner since idiots hacked thru tapatalk.

ark584

Thanks Matt! I'm super stoked!

I rearranged all my LR yesterday after taking out the "paly of death" that was growing on one of the LR. Figured since my arm was way into the tank that i might as well take the opportunity to 'swim' for a little longer. Forgot to switch off skimmer though... And had it overflow :eek:/

I'm much happier with the new rockwork... Much better circulation around the tank too... But won't be posting any more pics till i feel the tank is well established and have a few coral frags and a few fish in (all done gradually of course).

So don't expect any photos for at least another month or two! :p

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

ark584

I'm noticing a slightly resilient algae growth on my glass and back wall now... Been blooming over the past few days, but development was fairly noticeable today... Will test water parameters tomorrow and post results... In the meantime i've increased skimming (more on wet side) to remove more nutrients... Shouldnt be much anyway as all i've got is liverock...removed evil paly colony + rock they came on... But tonight i noticed another small colony on the underside of a rock that's forming one of my caves... Wont be taking that one out as i'd have to move too many rocks around to get to it. :eek:/

As for the algae... It looks like... Fern... Splitting into branches along the base... I scraped the glass but it's rather stubborn and looks rather tough... Not slimy at all.. From what i've read here and elsewhere online... Looks like bryopsis... *cries*

Will it die out after the cycle completes?

What measures should I take?

I was using regular filter water as my source for the tank until I found an RO filtration system locally... No success as of yet... Found one...for 700 dollars... :eek:/

ark584

Yes!!!! That's what mine looks like too! *phew* thought it was bryopsis at first but now i can sleep easy tonight. Lol.

Great thread development you had there about it too.