Aipstasia Attack..

orieng

Help Please... My one year old RSM 250 has been totally overun by the dreaded aipstasia. I have tried Joe's juice, Naoh Solution, Lime Juice but to np effect and everytime it comes back more. I live in north east part of India and I cannot get my hands on any Berghia Nudibranches. However I have thought about an idea as to how to get rid of the aipstasia without destroying or breaking down my tank. I want to immerse my L R in a hyposaline solution for a few days in a phased manner . My questions on this idea are .

1. Will it kill the aipstasia?
2. WIll my coraline survive the hyposaline treatment?
3. Will my beneficial bacteria and other life survive the hyposaline treatment?

Please help me to get rid of this stuff as I am at wits end as to what to do.. Will my idea work..

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I would worry about having dead rock when you finished the process or if it didn't kill everything it wouldn't kill the Aipstasia

Red Sea Aipstasia-X works

Red Sea Aiptasia-X - YouTube

or check this out was invented by RS member PaulB

Majano Wand - Majano Zapper

Majano Wand - Majano Zapper [MOJANO] - $114.95 : TB Aquatics - [/B]Top Quality Aquarium Products, Unmatched Service, Guaranteed Low Prices. Reef Aquarium Superstore. Products for your saltwater fish tank, saltwater aquariums & reef tanks. Aquarium pumps,

locofish

I have used Red Sea Aiptasia-X and Peppermint shrimp with success. Although, I didn't have a huge amount of aiptasia to kill.

If your willing to take out your rock and dip it, then I'd recommend dipping it in boiling water for a few minutes. That is a sure fire way to kill Aiptasia. I've done this, I had an abnormal amount of those things in my tank.

Aptasia x used it works great just make sure you get them in the mouth or they come back also pepermint shrimp are good but if you have fish they tend to eat the left over fsh food not the Aptasia .

ErnestoC

If you have a chance to add another fish, do it with a Copperband Butterfly Fish. This is a great Aipstasia killer and a wonderful addition to any tank.

If you decide to get it, be sure it is eating.. ask you LFS to feed so you can see he eats, if he does get it.. this fish will eat them all.