AI wireless controller

carmexx

I am looking for an Aqua Illuminations Hydra wireless controller. I haven't found much since it seems thedy discontinued it. Anyone out there selling one?

DaveK

I did find one for myself a year or two ago. In looking over the net I did find this seller where you could add it to the shopping cart - https://www.saltwaterfish.com/product-aquaillumination-director However, contact them first to see if they actually have one in stock.

The other thing you can do is contact AI directly and ask if they can sell you one or can recommend a compatible device.

This is one thing that really gets to me about many manufacturers. They come out with a new product and leave the people that bought the old one high and dry.This wouldn't be so bad if their product could be repaired with standard off the shelf parts, but in many cases proprietary parts were used.

carmexx

Thanks for the info Dave. I was all over the internet last night with no success. I couldn't agree more about the manufacturer's decision to promptly dismiss the older equipment. It is frustrating. I had seen a controller on Ebay f/s and it cracks me up how the price was almost double the original price.
I ultimately will go to an Apex system and utilize their module to control the lights. For now I am manually turning them on/off. I would go for the director , but that is probably outdated too. LOL.

DaveK

I'm not sure how good an Apex would be at controlling the older AI Hydras. Sure you could turn them on and off but I'm not sure if you could take advantage of all the additional things the hydras can do.

If you just want to turn them on and off, a cheep timer from Home Depot or Lowes will do the trick. You could add a small power strip and plug all your hydras into that.