AI Sol position

Setragni

Hey guys, my new tank is a 57G deep blue rimless. Foot print 36" x 18".
My new Sol is arriving this week and what do you think would be the best way to hang them. Parallel or perpendicular to the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
How many do you have? the light from the sol is "kinda" focused from what I've seen (internet studies) so your height will be based on the spread you want. On 36 wide, i would say 2 of them back to front would be nice.......one i would say horizontal but i think the coverage might not be what you want.

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
If you are looking for full coverage, I hate to say it but, I'm thinking that one AI will fall short of "full coverage" on that tank.

The spread on them are from left to right. They are designed to go on the tank if your're looking at them from front to back not left to right. Realistic coverage on those are 18 to 20" wide at best and that is with them roughly 8" from the water line.

Hope this helps...

Setragni

Thanks guys.
I have one sol already and ordered another one so its going to be 2.

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Thanks guys.
I have one sol already and ordered another one so its going to be 2.

Good to go then. You're going to love them and obviously a picture is a must once they are in operation:)

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Im not sure if i get front to back and left to right terms.

Sorry, when you are looking at them from the front of the tank you should be looking at the short side of the units, not the long side.

steved13

PREMIUM
With 1, I would mount it so the long side of the light is the same direction as the long side of the tank. With 2, mount them the other way and you'll have plenty of coverage. I'd start with each fixture at about 8" from the side of the tank, which will give a space between the 2 fixtures of about 9", should be great coverage, as long as you can get them > 10" above the water (even better if 12" - 15").

Setragni

Thanks all for the great advices.
Looking forward ti post pics once its setup.

Setragni

Here is how I set it up guys.
Thanks again for the advice.
47c473c2-2d15-6ac2.jpg