AGA tank stand

MrPex

So I'm getting ready to put water in my new 120 this coming weekend but I have a question about the stand...

It's the standard black pine stand that AGA sells with their aquariums but the tank is only supported around the perimeter- there is no support underneath the thank except for directly underneath the sides and front and back.

Before I put 1300 lbs of sand, rock and water into my tank, I wanted someone else's opinion that this should be ok... but it just seems a little too chancy to me...

TIA!

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I have the 125 gal with the same stand. Looks like it will fall down in a hurry but works just fine. The guarantee on the tank is only covered when you use their stand as well I found out. Just make sure you put the sump in from the top before you put anything in the tank.

MrPex

Thanks jim, just got home with the 40 gallon AGA breeder sump and found out through the top is the only way... good thing I'm still dry...

Ok, the stand will hold good but the tank? With no support underneath the bottom glass at all, even across the middle???? :eek: