Adding Current USA Orbit Marine LEDs with T5s? Any Good?

710Reefer

Im thinking of buying a Current USA LED Light, amazon has it at a good price. $117
http://www.amazon.com/Current-USA-Ma...=reef+tank+led
Has anyone ran this system successfully for softies or lps tanks? I have a dual t5 fixture over my 20 gallon long reef tank and wanted to get something else, would I be able to run this light fixture along with my current t5? I have zoas, gsp and mushrooms in right now. Planning to add duncans and hammers in a week or 2.

Just thought I would ask on here, get any comments or reviews for these lights before i purchase them. Thanks in advance! Sorry if already asked.

DaveK

It wouldn't hurt to add them, but it's really not necessary. Your existing lighting is fine for soft corals and LPS.

Before you spend the money, ask yourself if your doing this to really improve something, or because you want LED lighting?

710Reefer

It wouldn't hurt to add them, but it's really not necessary. Your existing lighting is fine for soft corals and LPS.

Before you spend the money, ask yourself if your doing this to really improve something, or because you want LED lighting?

Very true and great info.
I like how leds bring out the tank, my t5s dont put out much heat but it does add a degree or 2. I have leds on my 3 gallon nano, doing good and growing my zoas like crazy. I like the sleek look of them, adjustable timers and brightness control is what I liked about the system. Not sure if I would say im trying to improve anything because im not sure leds are better, reasons why I thought about asking here. Price is what turns me on, but wanted to ask about functionality and reliability.

Smokeybear1161

I have one right now. I like the features of the light. I haven't tried any corals yet planning to soon. But, my timer might be screwed up. Can't seem to get it to function properly. Normally I am pretty good at things like this. I still am tinkering with it. But, have a feeling timer will need replaced.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)