A look at Mooch's 39 gallon Experiment

thelastmucci

Ok folks...I had started another thread about my tank but I decided to put a chronicle up in this section because it would be better if it were here.

I've been researching tanks and saltwater stuff now for a little under a year. I am a little scared now that's I'm coming up on the meat and potatoes of a tank, but I think I've learned allot over the last year and I know every one here will help me out if I have questions. Hopefully I won't ask too many:idea:

I'm starting out the thread with two pics of the tank with water in it even though I do have some pics with the tank empty (no one wants to see an empty tank) so sit back and enjoy the ride...I plan on having the tank with LR and sand by the end of June..possibly sooner.

* TANK DIMENSIONS: (L)24" x (W)20" x (H)20".
*150w 14,000k with 2 x 24w Actinics supplements
* (2) ) LED-HO 2 watt moonlights.
*Full size direct-skim refugium on back. Does not include refugium substrate.
*Comes in black Cell-Cast acrylic background.
* Refugium Dimensions (L)23" x (W)5" x (H)19.5".
* Tank mounts.
* PC light strip for refugium.
* Signature Polished and mitred edges with Extra thick 8mm thick glass.
* Seamless curved front panel.
* Professional HQI, T5HO, LED-HO lighting system featuring our internal ballast technology.
* separate circuits and switches for complete automatic and manual control for each T5 bulb, LED-HO system and Halide lights. Easily compatible with all kinds of timers.
*100G Professional pin-wheel protein skimmer.
*6W Drop-in Ultra violet sterilizer.
*70G cooling unit.
*360 degree wave making return nozzle.

Tank with MH on.
series_2_002a.JPG

Tank with T5's on
series_2_003a.JPG

Enjoy the ride everyone.

rlcline76

I am subscribed to this thread (and when you don't post for long periods of time...I will be hijacking it).

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Very nice Mooch! not often we get an empty tank start, dont let Becky move in, she's horribly messy and leaves her "delicates" everywhere

vdituri

I don't know if I wanna subscribe. Will my email be sold and then will I be flooded with online pharmacy adds?
What's in it for me?
Will I be entertained?
Will I win fabulous prizes?
Meet interesting people?
Where will this ride take me? :redcar:
And how fast will we get there?

p.s. - People on this site WILL pester you for empty tank pics just because.
But since you posted one with water in it they will probably look the other way.

Great start Tony. Look forward to further episodes of "Adventures With Mucci"

rlcline76

Mucci, will you ever tell us what you bought for $1200?
I hope some of it was trashbags for all of the pesky packaging peanuts.

thelastmucci

Ok since Becky is insistent on what I bought here goes:

Item # Product Description Qty Price

JJ1111 Joe`s Juice Aiptasia Eliminator 20 mL 1 $7.99

WS1111 Fiji Mud Refugium Booster 24oz 1 $9.99

DD2131 D-D EzeClean Equipment Cleaner 1 $12.79

TZ1131 Tunze Cleaning Brush Set 1 $9.14

JB3513 JBJ 24 Inch Aquascraper 4-in-1 Cleaning Kit 1 $16.99

KMC16 Kent Marine Combo Package 16 oz. 1 $92.99

BE1213 Boyd Chemi Pure Elite 11.74oz 1 $12.99

EA1113 Filter Media Bag 4 inch x 8 inch - 300 Micron 3 $6.75

SC3233 Seachem Purigen 250mL 1 $11.99

EJ1117 Jager 150 W Heater 13 inch UL Approved 1 $27.99

EJ1111 Jager 50 Watt Heater 9 inch UL Approved 1 $20.99

EJ1181 Jager Heater Holder 2 $7.98

BKAJ Aquarium Journals: Marine Edition 1 $19.99

TZ1211 Tunze Turbelle NanoStream Pump 6025 2 $138.54

HG17860 Hagen Master Test Kit (Contains 10 Test Parameters)1 $139.99

PY1119 Python 8 x 6 inch Net With 24 inch Handle 1 $6.99

NS1165 Neptune Systems AquaController Jr with Serial Port + Temperature Probe + DC8 1 $224.99

TA1111 Titanium Ground Probe 1 $14.99*

AM1415 American Marine Pinpoint pH Calibration Fluid #7 5 $4.75

NS5111 Neptune Systems Standard Grade pH Probe 1 $44.99*

CP2111 Captive Purity Refractometer 1 $69.99

RO1351 Pocket TDS Mini Meter 1 $29.99

MF1113 Mag-Float 125 Magnet Cleaner (Glass) - Medium (125 Gal) 1 $12.99

TW39013 Tower Shock Buster Portable GFCI 2 $25.98

JJ1117 Pisces Pro Acclimator 1 $7.99

AM1417 American Marine Pinpoint pH Calibration Fluid #10 5 $4.75

DA1313 Digital Aquatics Expansion Socket for ReefKeeper Controller 1
$44.99

AS9539 Instant Ocean Reef Crystals Salt Mix - 160gal Bucket 1 $35.99

HG11062 Marina Easy Clean Gravel Cleaner, Medium, 15in 2 inch dia., w/6 foot Tubing and Bucket Clip 1 $16.49

SC4811 Seachem Garlic Guard 250 mL 1 $5.99

TL3111 Two Little Fishies MarineSnow Plankton Diet - 16 oz. 1 $10.99

MD1235 Dead Fish Stink - Limited Edition T-Shirt (Large) 1 $0.00

I know this is kinda hard to read but you guys wanted to know.

thelastmucci

Victor as far as what you get you get to see me with the help of YOU build my dream tank. I may even be asking you for advice about clams one day.

More pics

The tank from the box
series_2_008.jpg

The stand that took me 12 hours to build
series_2_024.jpg

vdituri

:explode: Nice list!

Don't ask me about clams. I know nothing about them except I can't have one with pyramid snails in my tank. :(

Oh yeah, I also know I like them. Thats 2 things.

lcstorc

WOW! I don't even have that much stuff and I have been around a couple of years.
This is going to be a great thread. You even started it with pics. How nice of you. :)
Definitely subscribed.

thelastmucci

Just got an email from Richard at TBS...he's going to the mountains this week and should be back by the next. Works out b/c my order from MD should be here by the 10/11...I'll have everything off the list except the ground prope and the PH probe which were outta stock..but no biggie...im my living room I hope to attach a surge protector that I bought from Buy.com to my wall (it has screw holes) and put the DC8 that comes with the AC Jr on the floor. With that I'll plug the MH lights into the expansion socket that I ordered yesterday to help out with electricity costs for my building. Will buy the a big enough garbage barrell with wheels and a lid to store in my closet. Have two 5 gallon buckets to store fresh RO water for topoff. someone???? owes me a few magazines and a little PH so I can stir my salt mix.

BTW anyone know how to calibrate a salinity meter..should I just bring it to my LFS...

Also does the TDS meter need to be calibrated as well.

I think I know how to calibrate the PH probe just dunk it right into the pacakages that say 7.0 and 10.0 and see if it matches.

I also have pics of the food I'm going to use which cost a good amount of $$$ b/c it was frozen and had to be overnighted not to happy about that but what are you going to do...

Speaking of food
series_2_004a.JPG

Check this stuff out at Marine Depot it seems really good and has all good reviews except by one guy. I am curious though how much of this stuff should I feed to corals/fish everytime I feed

BONUS PICTURE
series_2_001a.JPG

rlcline76

I don't owe ya an HK 1, but I did offer. I was actually waiting for you to mention something. Didn't want to send it if you had already ordered your circulation crap.

Let me get my crap together, see about getting the packaging together. Post offices are not open on the weekend here...not the ones that actually get stuff out in a reasonable amount of time anyway.

rlcline76

I never calibrated my TDS meter.
No instructions for the refractometer?

Food does cost a good chunk. I would have waited until you were ready to get the fish, that stuff has a shelf life...even in the freezer. What's the ingredients in that food pack? Just curious.