A. Latezonatus clowns

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Bad news

Bad news. I had the male & female Latz along with a copperband butterfly in a 40 gallon breeder. I treated the tank for flatworms and lost the copperband within an hour and then the male latz was dead the next morning :( :(
The female is doing fine; as is the cleaner shrimp and all the snails.
I have used Flatworm Exit before without any issues. I must have had a lot more worms than I thought. I was siphoning them and using carbon after 30 minutes of application but that obviously was not soon enough.

I have already purchased another pair of latz (Diver's Den) and they are currently in QT. I'm not sure what I am going to do with my extra female latz yet....

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Woodstock, contact your LFS to see if they can order an SA TR latezonatus for you to pair with the loner.

Thanks but I only have room for one pair right now. I will keep the lone female for now.

The new pair are doing well in the QT and have great appetites!

tigermike74

Re: Bad news

Bad news. I had the male & female Latz along with a copperband butterfly in a 40 gallon breeder. I treated the tank for flatworms and lost the copperband within an hour and then the male latz was dead the next morning :( :(
The female is doing fine; as is the cleaner shrimp and all the snails.
I have used Flatworm Exit before without any issues. I must have had a lot more worms than I thought. I was siphoning them and using carbon after 30 minutes of application but that obviously was not soon enough.

I have already purchased another pair of latz (Diver's Den) and they are currently in QT. I'm not sure what I am going to do with my extra female latz yet....

I am so sorry to hear this. :(

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thanks Tiger.

Any update & photos Doni?

DD has a single lat for sale btw.

Just today I removed them from the QT and I hope to get some decent pics or a video of them once they settle in.

Thanks for the tip but I'll just stay at 3 latz for now; one pair and a spare! :D

Woodstock

RS STAFF
A few pics taken today of the pair in a 40 gallon breeder. I still have a large 'spare' female in a 100 gallon sump.

20110117pics_25_.jpg

20110117pics_34_.jpg

20110117pics_39_.jpg

20110117pics_43_.jpg

20110117pics_44_.jpg

20110117pics_54_.jpg