A couple of days without food

Orcrone

I have a 125 gallon FOWLR tank with six fish; a foxface, 2 clowns, an engineer blenny, pajama cardinalfish & a scissortail goby. I'm going away early morning Friday, returning between lunch & dinner time on Sunday. If I have to I could get someone to feed the fish but would prefer not to. Do you think there's any problem leaving them for a couple of days without feeding? I know fish are supposed to handle it just fine, but I've never done that before.

rdwilson91

If you want to cover all your bases, automatic feeders are awesome. However, you should always observe an auto feeder for several days before you leave town; if you buy it the day before you leave and then set it up and go, it might dump all the food at once while you're out of town.

Your fish will be fine, these are just convenient.

Orcrone

If you want to cover all your bases, automatic feeders are awesome. However, you should always observe an auto feeder for several days before you leave town; if you buy it the day before you leave and then set it up and go, it might dump all the food at once while you're out of town.

Your fish will be fine, these are just convenient.

My fish are a bunch of spoiled brats. :happywalk Gotten used to frozen food and have not had much success with other types of food.

rdwilson91

Haha mine love frozen but will still go for prepared. I was using a cheap prepared food that gave me a cyano bloom.

smkndrgn142

I only feed my fish every 3-4 days...I've also left them for up to 10 days without food and every one's been fine. fish normally don't eat every day in the wild. That said if you have an established tank, there should be plenty of algae for grazing and pods for munching!