93g cube for x-mas

Eck36

Fine, I know it's hard to believe, but those pics are NOT my tank (sigh). They belong to a person who has the time and money to create multiple reef tanks for display and education. I'm not sure I have his name right, but I think it's Walt something or other, last name starts with a D. He lives in the Orlando area, Lake Buena Vista.

Pat24601

I love taking my kids on the Finding Nemo ride at Epcot. The ride is fun, but when you get off you are in a room with all these tall tanks that are incredible. It is easily the best part.

Back in the day, they used to let you SCUBA in the living seas. I don't know if they do anymore, but it was cool. :)

Eck36

Well, It's been a while since I posted here, so I will try to bring you up to speed. In April I had an Ich incident which killed all the fish except for 2 chromis. Hospital/QT tank was set up and a lesson was learned. I have been working on coral growth and hopefully finalized the rock setup. I will be starting to get ready to re-introduce fish again soon, and then I will hopefully remember to keep this reef chronicle updated. I must try harder!!

Squatch XXL

In April I had an Ich incident which killed all the fish except for 2 chromis
Sorry to hear about the loss, and am glad that you made the best of a bad situation. Marine Ich is the worst because of how fast and how contagious it is between fish....not to mention that the known treatments kill most/all inverts. Keep up the great thread!

Eck36

Now that I'm back in business, I finally have my yellow watchman goby/pistol shrimp. I love watching the goby, the frown is awesome. Need some help though, I am tearing down my 29g. I'm going to make that a hospital/QT tank and my daughter is going to use my 20g long (current hosp./QT) for freshwater. I have kind of neglected the 29 by focusing on the 93. My question is adding the fish from the little tank to the big tank. I have 2 clowns, a six line wrasse and a pygmy angel. What order should I move them? I was thinking the clowns should be last, they are bullies and I was thinking the other fish should have a chance to stake out some territory first. I also don't want to junk my LR, it has some good corraline on it, but it also has quite a bit of GHA. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Eck36

The lights are Mars Aqua 165w LED. Bought them from a guy in town. I found them online for about $125 each. I don't think the spectrum is quite right, but it is good enough to get me through until I can afford AIs. My corals are growing and I haven't had any nuisance algae yet, so I'm not really rushing out to spend money on lights yet.

Steve Lane

Yep.....same as I have!......i`ve yet to device a way of installing them, not wanting to hang them from the ceiling. At the moment they are resting on the roof bars from my car. :rolleyes: