90 Gallon Starphire Start-up

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Did you have any hair algae before dosing with ProBio? A local reef club member here swears by that stuff and claims it single handedly cleaned his 120g tank from a NASTY HA infestation. Just wondering if you saw anything like that in your tank....

jrf1175

Did you have any hair algae before dosing with ProBio? A local reef club member here swears by that stuff and claims it single handedly cleaned his 120g tank from a NASTY HA infestation. Just wondering if you saw anything like that in your tank....

I didn't have any hair algae, but significant algae growth on my glass and was cleaning it several times a day. It is also cleared up the diatoms from my sandbed. Swiisguard has used it will success as well.

jrf1175

I picked up a little Yellow Tang over the weekend as well. I love the color it adds to the tank.

IMG_1974a.JPG

IMG_1967a.JPG

kyle1284

awesome tank i have been wanting a 90 gal starfire sooooo bad but im still in college and not making the real money yet.... how much did that tank cost u?

jrf1175

awesome tank i have been wanting a 90 gal starfire sooooo bad but im still in college and not making the real money yet.... how much did that tank cost u?

Ha ha I had more money (the banks) when I was in college than I do now! Anyway this was still bought with the banks money (visa)!!!

Tank was 750 cnd drilled with overflows. I love it though, it was worth every penny.

Cheers,

jrf1175

wow its been three weeks already.
your just about ready for the reefbooster.
dont forget to add water to the reefbooster.

vic

Yes, one more week then my 3rd dose of BioClean. Time flies when you're having fun (read: spending money and enjoying on your reef!)

I would touch base with you before I add the Reef Booster.

Thanks

jrf1175

My frist crack at some "marco" type shots and a little photoshop. I am only using my 3.2MP so they are still not that great, but a start.

IMG_1997b_copy.jpg

IMG_2001c.jpg

jrf1175

Nice! You should be the poster reef keeper for having "Patience" in the hobby. I would be dying with all those goddies and no water (-;