90 Gallon Bowfront

bryceK

OK got the water change tonight. I am definately going to have to figure out some type of larger container and pump system to do my water changes I don't know how much more my back is going to be able to take.

bryceK

Will be setting up the aquafuge this weekend. Just debating on whether to actually use the protein skimmer portion of it or not. I have the G3 skimmer in my sump so I don't think I really need to have the little skimmer on the aquafuge.

bryceK

Here is a pic of my live rock center piece. This is one of the best rocks I have ever seen.
DSCN0198.jpg

bryceK

Well made my first mistake today.......I add chemi pure but apparently didnt rinse it long enough before adding to the aquarium. I now have dark cloudy water and chemi pure dust all over my rock.........UGGGHHHHHH

bryceK

Well I am trying a 100 micron filter sock to clear up my chemi pure screw up. In 10 hours it has cleared up quite a bit. Will see when I get home today. I plan on rinsing the sock out and starting it over again. What a pain

bryceK

I washed and dried the sock when I got home today. Just got it put back in the sump. It is working but this is taking longer than I hoped. Will be doing a good water change tomorrow.

bshady

oh yea sorry i got excited about the bowfront club idead and forgot to mention anything about your tank. Nice build so far. I was wondering if i could borrow your rock center piece sometime hehe. j/k awesome start

bryceK

bshady, thanks. I haven't posted any new pics as I am still trying to clean up from my chemi pure screw up........getting the water to clear up now but still have to work on all of my rock. still covered in chemi pure ash. I am using a turkey baster to blow it off of the rock which is helping but is still going to take time. I think tonight I might use my siphon hose through a filter sock and see how that works out to get the rest of the crud out.

bryceK

I finally broke down and got a filter to help with clearing out the water. It has done a wonderful job of it so far. Still have all of my rock covered with dust. Tomorrow I am going to do another water change and think I will take all of my rock out of the tank and rinse it before putting it back in so hopefully that will be the end of my chemi pure dust problem....

bryceK

Thanks Reefmack. I am glad to I really didn't want to have to buy a filter but it was necessary. Guess once I have everything good and clean I will just take it off and keep it for any other future emergency.

bryceK

Finally got my clean up crew. Most of my Diatom outbreak had began to disappear but now with the clean up crew they are making short work of what algae is left.

bryceK

Thanks. I will post some new pictures once the algae is gone and I have my canopy back on. I had to remove it to run my HOB filter which once everything is cleaned up I will be taking off. I will be topping off with RO today and then checking parameters and if all is good then this week I will be adding a tang and am looking for an rbta as well...

bryceK

Everything seems to be coming along just fine now. Diatoms are almost completely gone now thanks to my clean up crew. Water parameters are looking good as well. Just got one pic for tonight.
My clowns.....

photo3.jpg

bryceK

Well all of the water parameters checked out but yesterday morning my wife found the pink skunk clown dead and removed him immediately. I tested my water again when I got home and everything was fine so not sure what happened to him.