• Yes

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No substrate

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

gdwats2

To any of you who have that 90 gallon AGA with the annoying glass brace in the middle of the tank; Do you keep you water level above or below the glass piece? Do you have a secret method of scraping the underside of said pain in the ass brace? And finally, do you have your MH on just one side, in the middle or did ya break down and buy a MH for each open side? Just wondering.

Oh hell while I'm at it, how many of you folks with aragonite/sand beds vacuum them occasionally? It's been 7 years or so for me, and when I vacuumed some a while back my phos went through the roof and I think I'll let sleeping dogs lie. Oh, what the heck, I'll place a poll for the vacuuming data:

Thanks for any replies,
Greg

Last edited:

Gina

RS STAFF
I voted no on the vacuuming. We have Nassarius Snails and a Fighting Conch to help keep the sand clean.

We have a 46g bow and have a brace in the middle.
We keep the water level below the brace.
We have never scraped the underside of it.

And our MH's are on each side. (2)

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I don't vaccum my DSB have plenty of nassarius snails, fighting conchs a Serpent Sea Star and bristle worms to keep it clean. Is it a DSB or shallow SB ? I wouldn't recommend moving it around too much especially if it's 7 years old.

Sharkbait

I'm shallow in my SB so I do Vac it. I'm am a huge fan of nutrient export anyway possible, even after disturbing the SB my Phos and NO's were not present.More MH the better.

corvettephreek

I always vacuum my SB at least every other water change... I have a watchman goby that moves the sand so much its almost like i dont have to. better safe than sorry...?

Frankie

RS STAFF
I never vaccumed my dsb. But now i'm bb so i guess i'll start cleaning that. I'd like to see a pic of this brace you have to deal with. The way your talking it sounds like its in the water?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
My drilled (one corner overflow) 90 gal AGA has a plastic middle brace. THe water is a good inch below it. I've never had to clean it.

I'm BB but with every water change, I do vacuum the 'dead zones' that accumulate diterus.