80 Gallon Cube System

Haaileybop

Im also of the opinion that some fish are just more deserving to be in my tanks...bsj would stay if midas didnt get along

...My names Alex...and I'm a house-watering-aholic

For real lol silly midus blenny ruining my rimless tank look! Any one have any ideas if peppermint shrimp will bother my new rose tip?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Blue Space

no, but the rose tip might eat your shrimp if he gets too close...

[video=youtube;0eSurUnrW1Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eSurUnrW1Q[/video]

Haaileybop

no, but the rose tip might eat your shrimp if he gets too close...

Well hopefully that doesnt happen my fiance was worried because they eat aptasia so he thought they might eat the rose tip as well.

I have had this HH hermit for a while it has grown in leaps and bounds. It doesnt bother the corals or the fish, so he can stay in my tank. Anyone know what kind it is?

Haaileybop

So I am getting married this weekend and both my fiance and I are nervous about leaving our tank. So last night one of the owners of the LFS came by and will stop by twice to do w/c, check the ato, feed the corals and rose tip, and just make sure everything is in order. And my aunt will be stopping by to feed the fishies twice a day while we are gone and make sure we are not flooding the neighbors. Just let me know if you guys have any other thoughts for what we should do to prepare for whenbwe are away :)

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Make sure u have plenty of water made up both rodi n salt water. Clearly labeled! Stress to the feeder that fish have baby bellies n require very little food. Give the lfs# in case something goes awry. Now go have fun n do the newly married stuff!

..........I live my life as a warning to others.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Congrats on the wedding ! +2 ^ advice above ... your tank should be fine, if they don't overfeed ;) when we go on vacation, sister in law feed every 3 days once and I feed before we leave, some in a week (6 days) she only have to come by twice.

I put a frozen cube in a small sandwich bag & label it feed on 1st as example. So she just puts in that I have ready.

Haaileybop

Thanks guys! I was planning on making 20 gallons of water up, which is all I have buckets for. That is enough for 1 w/c. I was also going to tell my Aunt to feed the fishies every other day vs how I feed them every day. Also I was going to make sure my reservoir for the ato was topped off so that doesn't have to be messed with.

catran

Congrats!!

A couple of things:
I've had 5 RBTA's in my 34g tank for over 6 months and my shrimps, cleaner and peppermints are fine.
Also, the Ecoxotic Stunner Strips are awesome if you're still looking....

I love reefers...

Haaileybop

Congrats!!

A couple of things:
I've had 5 RBTA's in my 34g tank for over 6 months and my shrimps, cleaner and peppermints are fine.
Also, the Ecoxotic Stunner Strips are awesome if you're still looking....

I love reefers...

Thanks! That makes me feel better that they can live in harmony. As for the Strips I will take a look :)

Funlad3

Congratulations on getting married!

Your tank will be fine so long as you stress underfeeding versus overfeeding. :)

Haaileybop

So almost married a month now :) Tank is looking great except we are getting ugly brown algae on the sand. Everything looks normal as for parameters, the alk is a little low at 7. I am not sure how to get rid of the algae, I was thinking on ordering more snails since my hermit seems to have done a good job munching on them. Other than that is there anything I can do?

Funlad3

Black Hawaiian Sea Cucumber FTW. But him from the LFS, and bring him back once the job is done. Mine's doing a great job!

Haaileybop

Hmmm I didn't know they did that. I read that they can be pretty hard to keep? I am going to do a larger wc than normal this weekend. I am sure my tank was just over fed while we where gone.

Funlad3

As long as they have gunk in the sand to eat, they're as happy as can be. Once they run out for a few days, they like to puke out their insides. So, needless to say, bring them back to the LFS when the sand is clean. :D

Haaileybop

Well I just did a 20% w/c and siphoned off all the ugly red/brown algae. While we where cleaning things up we rearranged the rock work. Also today my lfs was having a sale, so I picked up an awesome zoa colony and a blueish-purple hairy mushroom colony. I also got 3 turbos and 3 snails with flaming orange shells. I will be sure to post photos tomorrow :)

Haaileybop

Well here it is all clean again. What do you guys think of the new rock structure? You can see my new zoa colony on top and my new hairy purple mushroom rock on the lower left. I changed the flow too, does it look OK? The fish seem happy with the new setup. I also changed how the light was hitting the tank so I was getting more coverage.

On a different, but similar note, we are looking to buy a house by June. Since that is when we are getting the boot from my current abode. So everyone knows what that means... upgrade :p

Nice. The second picture is definitely better! The corals look very happy.

I have a 35g hex, too. Did you put in that overflow yourself? I like it.