75gal Seagrass/macro Pipefish tank.

alohakah

D3monic,

How do you like the mp10?

I'm thinking about getting one for my seahorse tank but am concerned that its too strong & that the seahorses might get their tails in it if they hitch on to it.

Aloha,
K

D3monic

Sorry for the late reply...been caught up on a dart frog build.

I like the MP10's Best part is you can adjust the speed so you can dial it in to a current that you ponies can tolerate. If you use the sponge cover hopefully they wouldnt hitch to it. I dont have SH's in there yet so I couldnt tell you for sure though.

D3monic

Some up to date pics.

IMG_1202.jpg

Love the green macro in the bottom right. Dont remember what its called though. I got it from LA reefs.

IMG_1208.jpg

Yellow multibandeds are doing great. I found the dragonface dead today though when I was cleaning the tank. Probably starved...never did take to frozen. Poor thing. Shame on me for neglecting the tank for so long.

IMG_1212.jpg

I love the blue ochtodes! Growing nice and love the color!

IMG_1213.jpg

This is the one I was talking about.

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

seafansar

Looking really good! Looks very natural. Do you scrape the back or is there just no coralline growth yet?

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Beautiful!!!

I'm going to see if I can find some of those macros, manly the blue ochtodes, that stuff really looks nice.

D3monic

Looking really good! Looks very natural. Do you scrape the back or is there just no coralline growth yet?

I dont scrape the back. Just no coralline. Instead I am getting cheato growing on the back wall. Looks like the tank is sprouting pubes.

I picked up a couple seahorses this weekend from a friend that breeds them.

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

The twins didnt know what to make of them. They are used to the pipefish jacking with them.

IMG_1319.jpg

Also picked up a nice duncan frag for cheap

IMG_1352.jpg

seafansar

I don't know much about seahorses, but I thought you couldn't put them in with LPS that have long tentacles. They'd probably be fine. I'm just overly cautious.

loyalrogue

I haven't kept any Duncans so I don't know what kind/how long their sweepers are, but I was in a LFS and saw a Duncan eating a small hermit, shell and all.
The shell was half sticking out of it's mouth and you could just barely see the little red legs down inside the mouth not moving.
One of the weirdest things I've seen.
I can only speculate about how the crab got himself into that situation and what the eventual outcome was.

Anyway, that's a beautiful build and I would love to see/hear the latest updates.
I'm toying with the idea of a seagrass/seahorse tank and stumbled upon yours in the research process.

Very nice tank! I think the duncans will be fine, just keep an eye on it. I have a dendro & 2 large hammer frags in my tank with seahorses (was an emergency with other tank). No its not recommended & I wouldnt suggest it to anyone. I may just be lucky, but havent had any problems with them. Since you already have them in there, just keep a close eye on it. If the horses look like they wanna try to hitch to them, or if they are small, then I would move it.