75gal Seagrass/macro Pipefish tank.

GrendelPrime

thats 1 hell of a tank u have..just curious what kind of lighting are u using i reread the post figuring i missed it but i dont think it was mentioned and also how much lr do u have in there

cyychan

Hi D3monic, it is such a beautiful set up! I only have a 24 gallon nano tank, and have a pair of H. reidi, a pair of banded pipefish, a mandarin and snails... A small gorgonian and xenia. Lots of macros, although I accidentally trimmed too much last few days I have a wait a bit before it will look nice again. Thanks for your pictures. The blueberry gorg. is so pretty!

Big Ray

Has been struck by the ban stick
Check out the seahorse tankmate guide from seahorse.org.

ducans are not safe with the ponies ...
also your blenny is a ticking bomb, they are NOT safe with ponies ..

blood shrimps are fine most of the times, but keep an eye on the ponies with them, they try to clean the seahorses pouch which the seahorse does not appreciate.

other than that/ beautiful set up :) love the pipefishes..

arcanjo

Hi D3monic,

I looked for but i didn't found about your feeding routines, especially the sponges, gorgonias and pipefish (was it cyclop-eeze?).
What kind of food do you use and how do you feed them.
How deep is your dsb and how long did it took until you put the seagrass?

Amazing tank!!!

Big Ray

Has been struck by the ban stick
Really? What will tailspots do to a seahorse or pipefish?

not pipefish, only seahorse.

seahorses promote algae growth on them, and blennies LOVE algae :) so its matter of time before the blenny starts chumping at the seahorse and the ponies skin gets irritated and might even come off and infections and ...

its a big no no for almost every tank I have seen, and have seen seahorses getting killed by it so I would REALLY watch out for it. as good as blennies are at eating algea and keeping the tank look clean ... same goes with tangs.