75gal Seagrass/macro Pipefish tank.

D3monic

A few months ago I started my 75gal build. I was on a budget and really like the look of macro tanks.

I decided to build my own stand thinking I would save a few bucks. Over $300 later I didnt save anything but atleast it looks ok.

IMG_0271.jpg

I skinned it all in maple. (exept the doors, I could only find oak)

IMG_0280.jpg

Stained it in cabernet.

stand2ndcoat.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

Eshopps skimmer that I won in the contest several months ago Eshopps: Two Winners of Economy Cone Skimmer Annoucement (S-150, MSRP $389.95)

IMG_0291.jpg

D3monic

Macro and grass list:

Turtle grass

shoal grass

Calerpa prolifera

Halmedia monitile

octodes

normal halmedia

Red Gracilaria

Botryocladia

caulerpa nummularia

some kind of short leaf calerpa.

Chain of pearls.

D3monic

I had a smaller yellow multibanded that has been in a hospital tank for the past couple weeks with a small infection or something on its tail. I released it into the 75 gallon tank today. There was a little arguing between the two for a few minutes but they are fine again. Has a pretty strong snick. I pulled him out of the tank with my bare hands and it made some really loud clicks at me.

D3monic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just ordered a bunch more Macro's I ordered the following.

gulf coast

Caulerpa Mexicana

Codium

Dictoya

Sargassum Macro Algae

Unfortunatly they didnt have halymenia in stock.

Reef-cleaners

1 penny gorg

1 penny macro

1penny mangrove

Oar grass

Cactus calerpa

and calerpa prolifera

tektite

Awsome tank. Love the multibandeds and the blueberry gorg! It would be awesome if you could get them to breed.

I'd keep a close eye on the dictyota, can be pretty with its blue/green sheen but it can spread fast!

D3monic

Is it? Good, Most of the macro's I have are slow growers. I know which one I will be trimming for nutrient export then. I am looking forward to the codium and sargassum most of all. Codium will make a good SH hitch.

D3monic

Looks like the Anthias worked out who was going to be the male. I noticed today that he has allready developed a nice long dorsal spike. He was flashing the female like crazy tonight.

Heres a couple pics I took.

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

D3monic

I just picked up a pair of red and white banded pipefish. They had a pair of the yellow and dragonface as well. I had a hard time deciding if I should get the yellows or white and my wife convinced me to get the white. 4 of the yellow would of increased my chances of breeding but also aggression. Hopefully the white and yellows get along fine.

They just got done with thier FW dip and are in the QT they are checking out the cyclopeeze but not eating yet.

IMG_1564.jpg

D3monic

My reefcleaners order came in today..(live-plants has yet to ship)
I was alittle dissapointed with the calerpa's but I guess John made it up with a couple penny macro's.

The prolifera only had 2-3 blades to it same with the catus calerpa.

Here's a crap ton of pics!

IMG_1588.jpg

Seagrasses

IMG_1577.jpg

Oar grass is ALOT smaller than I expected

IMG_1581.jpg

Cactus calerpa on the left here

IMG_1580.jpg

Penny Mangrove (that cost $1)

IMG_1583.jpg

I am actually happy about this one since he didnt have any left. (fire furn)

IMG_1584.jpg

Not really sure on this one...facacea (sp) maybe?

IMG_1585.jpg