58 Gallons O' Goodies

Hello all -

Just thought I would share a few photos I took earlier this evening ... I'm using a Nikon D70S and this set was shot handheld with my 18-200mm VR lense.

"Tuck" in all his BSJF glory!
DSC_0005-web.jpg

Lubbock Wrasse
DSC_0025-web.jpg

Red/Orange Gogornian
DSC_0018-web.jpg

Rose and Purple Ric (One of my favorite Rics in the tank)
DSC_0035-web.jpg

Neon Orange Fungia (gettin' him some dinner ... YUM!)
DSC_0006-web.jpg

I'm actually off work tomorrow, so I'll see if I can capture some others and post out here as well. Thanks for checkin' out this thread. :)

SeahorseBT

Looks good, does you BS have some white stuff on him or is it just the pic? I hope it is not the dreaded fungus.

Looks good, does you BS have some white stuff on him or is it just the pic? I hope it is not the dreaded fungus.

It's a spot alright, but it's where the coloration is just "faded". I looked him over before I bought him and asked the LFS about that too. LFS said he was like that when they got him. He's healthy as a horse though, eats like a pig, and is more active than any other fish I've ever seen. Thanks for lookin' out for me SeaHorse. :)

Have you tried any "Actinic Only" shots? Take a look at this thread and see what you can get with your tank

Al, I haven't tried just actinic shots yet ... might break out the ol' tripod and do that today. :)

SeahorseBT

"He's healthy as a horse though, eats like a pig, and is more active than any other fish I've ever seen. Thanks for lookin' out for me SeaHorse. :)"

No problem, I wonder if he will get the pigments back. As long as he is eating ok I guess he's fine.

Well, Al, I posted a few over in the Fluorescence tank thread, but thought I would post all of the new shots I took under the actinics tonight here. ;)

Eagle Eye Zooanthids
DSC_0017-web.jpg

Macro Shot - Green Bubble Tip Anenome
DSC_0026-web.jpg

Green Duncan
DSC_0031-web.jpg

Red/Green Blasto
DSC_0036-web.jpg

Rose/Purple Ric
DSC_0042-web.jpg

Green Zooanthids
DSC_0051-web.jpg

Red/Purple Zooanthids
DSC_0048-web.jpg

Orange/Purple Ric
DSC_0014-web.jpg

Neon Orange Fungia
DSC_0011-web.jpg

Macro Shot - Neon Orange Fungia
DSC_0008-web.jpg

Thanks as always for keeping up with what I have in the tank. :)

LOL Victor! Thanks for the compliment. Hubby is the one who taught me how to shoot these tank shots, thanks goodness for him and whoever invented the tripod. :)

Emg

Fantastic shots AL1 !!

How do you get those colors to show in actinics ? Everything just looks blue when I try taking actinic pics....

Thanks EMG, there's 4 things to think of, 1) white balance (most cameras have an auto setting you can use, which I did here because I couldn't get my target to dial in properly) 2) get a tripod; 3) VERY slow shutter speeds (hence the tripod because the little movement will make the photo turn out blurry), and 4) PRACTICE and PATIENCE! :)

tigerarmy90

those are some amazing shots!!! how about a full tank shot? I would also love to here some more details about your system!

Thanks TigerArmy, I'll try to get a full tank shot tomorrow or Sunday. If you'd like to check it out now though, just follow the link in my signature, the first one will take you to the chronicle for the 58 gallon tank, the second along with the userid and password will take you to the webcam where you can see progress for yourself in real time. :)