46g bowfront

bshady

Thanks jake. When i put the blue hippo tang in he was an ahole but after a few months they were fine. But thanks for the advice

Ordy

Hi everyone Ordy here.

Beautiful tank. You've done an excellent job with the rock work. How much rock did you use?

Just mimicking what the previous poster said about that sailfin; major Mike Tyson issues. I've read tons of info on those tangs and everything I've read say's that minimum tank size for one is 100 gallons gallon.

I had a hippo in a 55gallon that lived for 8 years. Susceptible to hole in the head disease. Thats how mine died.

I have a 46 gallon that I drilled and constructed a hood for that I never used. Ran out of time to set it up. Nice to see what it can look like with the right husbandry. You done good...

Ordy

I said that the hippo died from hole in the head. He actually contracted lateral line erosion. Developed a fungal infection and then died. Just before he died his entire face had lost it's blue pigment to lateral line disease. I ended up euthanizing him in a plastic bag filled with ice water.

bshady

ok more updated tank shots. just took these 10 minutes ago

824.jpg

8241.jpg

8242.jpg

8243.jpg

Pepe decided to pose for the camera for once
8245.jpg

8246.jpg

8247.jpg

clam2.jpg

Really looking into replacing my t5 setup with 2 60w cree led lights but just havent leaped yet

Last edited:

bshady

Orded 15 more coral frags from mr coral on sunday. They said i will recieve my shipment friday so i will post mre pics of when i get them