28g JBJ HQI club...

MarvinsReef

who else runs this set up? what mods have you done already... a quick profile and some pics of your tank would be cool also.. :)

here's mine...

Tank: 28g JBJ w/ NanoTuners upgrade
Lighting: 150w MH DE (20k Radium bulb); (2) 18w PC actinics; (4) Moonlights
Skimmer: Tunze Nano DOC 9002
Fuge: AquaFuge Medium size w/ chaeto
Controller: Neptune AC JR
Top Off: Tunze Osmolator
Chiller: JBJ 1/15 HP
Birthday: 09-09-08

Latest FTS: 09-11-08
09-011-08_FTS_800.jpg

09-011-08_FTS1_800.jpg

09-011-08_FTS2_800.jpg

BarbMazz

I have one that I'm setting up as a clownfish/anemone tank. I'm getting two of Doni's clown babies!! Yay!

I don't have many pictures, yet. The pictures I have are lousy! Yours look really good.. do you have tricks for taking pictures with the curved glass? That seems to be throwing me off!

Set up day. I used rock from my sump and water from my 65g display tank. I'm using black sand which I've seeded with a couple of cups of substrate from the 65g as well. I've thrown in some snails and hermits, a nice little ball of chaeto from my refuge.

Yesterday I added two anemones; a GBTA and an RBTA. GBTA is doing great, the RBTA is under some stress so hopefully she'll turn around here.

Sept3008_046.jpg

My system has:

14000k HQI
4x 18w pci
4 moonlights
upgraded fans; 4
2 hydor koralia powerheads
stock skimmer
stock wavemaker
no chiller yet; I keep my house cool and so far so good, holding at 79 with fans running.

I like this little tank! It's a nice setup and everything is easy to get to.

Sept2108_051.jpg

MarvinsReef

very nice Barb... yeah, Doni's clowns are awesome... and good thing you're up on the list.... ;)

question: how are you able to fit 4 PC's in there?

Allen: thanks for the kudos.. :)

unclephester

great tanks hope mine wil be simlar i have heat problems i live in the uk is there anything i can do to keep it cool chillers or so deer here thought of clipping a fan on the back would that do ?

BarbMazz

very nice Barb... yeah, Doni's clowns are awesome... and good thing you're up on the list.... ;)

question: how are you able to fit 4 PC's in there?

Allen: thanks for the kudos.. :)

Marvin, I misspoke! There are two pc's in there. Doh!

I have my two clowns and they're doing very well... they've grown quite a bit and their color is superb.

I'm having a little bit of a cyano breakout in one small section of the tank, but I think it's under control, and having a bit of a problem keeping the temperature regulated. A little too warm during the day and too cool at night. I'm getting a different heater to take care of the nighttime problem because I think the one I have stinks!

Some of this stuff is new setup stuff, but I like this tank a lot. Very easy to work in the back and it's easy to keep clean. I'll get some pictures up soon!

BarbMazz

barb why does yours look so green?

It's some setting on my camera! It looks better when I use flash. I am trying to figure out what to set differently. Pictures come out fine on my tanks with T5 and pc lighting, but with this HQI it all looks green!

MarvinsReef

Marvin, I misspoke! There are two pc's in there. Doh!

I have my two clowns and they're doing very well... they've grown quite a bit and their color is superb.

I'm having a little bit of a cyano breakout in one small section of the tank, but I think it's under control, and having a bit of a problem keeping the temperature regulated. A little too warm during the day and too cool at night. I'm getting a different heater to take care of the nighttime problem because I think the one I have stinks!

Some of this stuff is new setup stuff, but I like this tank a lot. Very easy to work in the back and it's easy to keep clean. I'll get some pictures up soon!
Barb, looking forward to seeing the updated FTS.. :)

BarbMazz

Alrighty, Marvin, let's put up some pictures of this tank!

A Woodstock clown cuddled in its lovey

Oct2208_34.jpg

The pair of them
Oct2208_42.jpg

Another GREEN FTS! lol

Oct1708_1.jpg

Flame scallop that came with Part 2 of my TBS Package

Oct1708_15.jpg

Rock/Flower anemone from TBS

Oct1708_25.jpg

A little blenny that came from TBS

Oct1708_44.jpg