michael_cb_125

Ok, my Dad has been very difficult to deal with lately. My Mom left my dad, me and my little brother two months ago (after being married to my dad for 27 years), so he has been very frazzled latley. Anyways, he has been changing his mind on what exctly he wants to do, with reguards to a new tank. He said lets combine our nanos, then said lets hop-up our LPS tank. Well we have come to the conclusion, that we are going to combine all four of my tanks into one. This is going to be a task. I am going to get a 240 gallon tank. YAY....
Well I have figured out what I am going to do as far as setup.
The tank will be a 240 gallon tall. Dimensions: 6 feet long, two feet wide, and 31 inches tall.
Filtration: Two Magnum canister filters rated to 150 gllons each......LOL J/K
LifeReef Berlin System: LF1-300, with the upgraded skimmer rated to 350 gallons. I have talked to Jeff the owner, and he said that his skimmers are not over rated, the rating that he puts on them is what they will actually handle. Here is the link to the filter system:http://lifereef.com/frame.html
I am also going to have a 24 x 12 x 18 high LifeRefugium added to the system.
As for lighting I am seriously looking into the new Solaris LED System

This is a pretty big project, so I am having to go slowly. I am looking into ordering the skimmer sump combo here in the next week. Then I will order the tank.
I already have about 180 pounds of rock, but I will need ALOT more.
Anyways I was just updating my tank plans. This time they are final, at least the size.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I can only dream of a system that big. Ahhhhhhhh! Best of luck with this adventure!

michael_cb_125

I have always wanted a system like this, and my dad has always wanted to consolidate our tanks. I have four, he want one. So he said a HUGE one will be ok. I just have to save up.....and buy in steps.

michael_cb_125

Once my new tank is up Jose will be the first fish added. I will have a deep sand be, so I hope he will like this even better than his current home. I hope to be able to add livestock by the beginning of december.

boozeman

....and he said that his skimmers are not over rated, the rating that he puts on them is what they will actually handle. .
most skimmer manufacturers will give you the same line :D
that said, lifereef makes good systems. I think blueeyes had one, maybe you can send her a pm on her oppinion

michael_cb_125

I would but I think this is one thing that I wont mind babysitting.
I am sooo excited, I think I am either ordering the filtration system or the tank itself this week.

BoomerD

I have nothing but GOOD things to say about Jeff and his Lifereef products. I've used his products for about 15 years.
That being said, there ARE better skimmers out there than the venturis he sells. The newer needle-wheel technology is far more efficient than a venturi skimmer, BUT, his do work very well.

aat.sized.jpg

forestal

nice, I am jealous , where are you getting the tank from if i may ask and for how much... i am also looking

BoomerD I never tried the life reef, but good to hear good feedback on... I may have to try

kathywithbirds

Sorry to hear about the family situation, that's always difficult to deal with. Your dad can be as frazzled as he wants.

BUT that's an awesome way to deal with stress, I must say... is this going to be a room divider like you were talking about?

michael_cb_125

Thanks for the Concern everyone, Im 19 and have kinda seen this comming, my brother is 16 it hit him pretty hard. Anyways Im ordering the tank from Glasscages.com
The 240 tall with stand and canopy delivered to me is going to run me a little under $2000.00. That is with starphire glass, overflows and acrylic covers. I am not going to be able to do a room divider, but hey I can deal without that. I am soooo.... excited, Hopefully I will be able to order the Filtration system today or tommorow. I am so Stoked.

michael_cb_125

Dan, what size tank are you looking at?
I am questioning whether I want to go tall or long. I like both, but with long the lighting system if want will not work. Tall, I dont know about light penetration. Sooo MANY Decisions.-michael

kathywithbirds

Can you center the light you're after and then add smaller fixtures on the ends? That's what I'm planning with my 75 (OK, smaller than yours : ) -- I have a 24 inch sunpod I really like and I'm going to suspend it from the ceiling or from shelf brackets. I've got a full length PC fixture for the tank, I just have to figure out specifics on where exactly to place them.