1st frags etc

johnbljr

Well my clean up crew is hard at work.:whstlr:
What would you all suggest for a noobie to have as his first set of frags?
And also if you have some of these good, hardy, inexpensive frags would you be willing to sell me some?:)

prow

ahhh exciting isn't it. so what kind of frags are you in search of. sps, lps softies ect...??

prow

how about a open brain. they are colorful, hardy, adapt well to various lighting systems and water flow currents.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
John look around for a local reef club. You may find some AMAZING deals/steals there. I just started looking this week and have located some amazing stuff. I found a member whose selling me a VERY nice purple FrogSpawn (would/should sell locally at LFS for $50+) and he's bringing it to me for $15 bucks.
It can't hurt to look around.

good luck!!

Allen :)

prow

John look around for a local reef club. You may find some AMAZING deals/steals there. I just started looking this week and have located some amazing stuff. I found a member whose selling me a VERY nice purple FrogSpawn (would/should sell locally at LFS for $50+) and he's bringing it to me for $15 bucks.
It can't hurt to look around.

good luck!!

Allen :)
YES, that is a good idea, always best even hand delivery, how cool is that. as a bonus when you get them from fellow reefers usually you dont have to worry about all those nasty parasites and hitchhiking creatures.

I was thinking about an open brain...they have to be one of my favorites to look at....
then its settled:winner: ................:bouncer:

i have a couple one green and one red. i have had the red one for 6 years now. among the first to enter my current tank. but has been in many other tanks along the way, each with very different setups.

a couple pics to help with your decision of my red brain when i first added it.

Attachments

• Picture 086.jpg
    Picture 086.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Picture 085.jpg
    Picture 085.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

prow

thanks, i forget where i got it, it was so long ago. no it doesnt mind being in the shade. it likes it, at least in this tank. i have alot light going in there. i have senced moved him up but in the low corner. my bubls are staggered to adjust for less lighting there. but i think he liked more in the shade. here is a old pic of him in another tank. back in his your days.:smirk: he is under pc's here and needed to be out in the open. i am setting up my reefspace:contract: can you tell, i am pic happy:invisible

Attachments

• Picture 045.jpg
    Picture 045.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Picture 073.jpg
    Picture 073.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 25

prow

FYI-although these pic are not all that good you can see the yellow clown goby kicking it on the red brain. every yellow clown goby i have had in a tank with a red brain they make a home out of it. i dont have apic but the bright yellow goby and the bright red brain look awsome together, even though these pics dont show it.

lcstorc

Personally I think mushrooms are a great first coral. They are very forgiving and can withstand most anything I have done to them so far. LOL