130d power outage

twood

Power went out for the past 3 days with 100+ degree heat, luckily I was able to rent a generator:) lesson learned I'm goin to get a 1000w generator for the future.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hows the tank look and what did u do to care for it without power.

.............I'm feeling salty.

twood

Hows the tank look and what did u do to care for it without power.

I put a battery powered pump with an air stone in the tank and stirred it occasionally until I got the generator the next day, now that the power is on and did a water change everything is looking really good again.

Msigler

Power was out here for 3 days also. I have major losses. All SPS and my Cherub angel, Six Line wrasse and Clown bit the bullet.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Power was out here for 3 days also. I have major losses. All SPS and my Cherub angel, Six Line wrasse and Clown bit the bullet.

Dude that sucks. Sorry. What did u do to keep water moving?

Msigler

Dude that sucks. Sorry. What did u do to keep water moving?

The little battery powered air pump did not get the job done. I did a small WC and added some ice cubes. I basically went into full meltdown and froze up in the clinch. It happened too fast on me. It looks like a baby serpent star and bristle worm mass suicide took place in their. The LPS and other things seem ok along with a blue chromis but we'll see... sorry to jack the thread.

twood

Dude I'm sorry to hear that, I had no idea it was supposed to storm, I'm def gettin a generator for next time.

Msigler

Lol. Me either. We were out back swimming on a nice sunny day. Came in and hopped in the shower. Got out of the shower to look out side and see all hell breaking loose. It was pretty freaky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A generator is the way to go, I just purchased a Honda generator in preperation. The storms have been to wicked both last and this year.

Msigler

The funny thing is that my wife's brother is actually an electrician who sells and installs generators among other things...
I mean the guy actually has a bunch of brand new in the box generators of all different sizes in his feed store... :banghead: