100 Clown Fish Fry!

caitrina

:lol: :surrender:

OK, here is something funny...........first the clowns are always laying eggs now, Tonight I put in a piece of tile because Mom has a belly full again. If she lays them on the tile I will be able to pull the tile out and hopefully have some little fries this time. I have no idea what happened to the ~'s in the 24.

The other thing is Craig, there are definitely two stars in the tank. Now did I have a baby serpent star? I noticed this after coming home from my trip. Did the usual inspection and I saw a silver and black tentacle on one side of the tank and another small one on the other side. I also have the maroon colored guy who is quite large. I have not bought anything in a long while to get a HHer so did I have a baby star? Man, this Barry White and candle light works wonders for the tanks! :girlthumb: I put small fish in for the little guy to eat and he swiped that fish up like there was no tomorrow. :lol::laugh:

prow

So far the clowns look a little like this :verymad: They are not too sure about that piece of tile there. :evileye:
lol, after they bet it up for a while they may come to love it and start protecting it, hehehe

Snelly40

WOW!!!
i just saw this thread for the first time, not sure how i missed it but read it all the way through. Good luck with your new eggs, this is so cool

caitrina

Well, it has been awhile since I have been in here, but thought I would update this category anyway. The update is that I am busy trying to get my own small business going now and really don't have the time to chase little tiny dots at midnight in the dark murky depths of my 65. However, all is still well, the crazy clowns lay eggs about every 5-7 days after they slip off the rock. The cycle begins...Bare rock, bright orange eggs, turn silver, see little eyes bobbin on the rock, clown chases away others, eggs turn dark, few days later, eggs slip or are picked off rock, 5-7 days later the process begins again, it doesn't stop! The clowns have even made my engineer goby pack up his apartment and search for a new home, he couldn't even eat. They terrorized him because they chose to use his roof as a spawning area. Well he found a place and has several front entrances and is happy watching the process from afar, he even gets to eat a few grains of food now. So since they first laid eggs, I have had probably thousands since.

caitrina

Well thought I would update this thread..guess what it is still the same as my last post. Every 7 or so days I have more eggs. You would think they would get tired of laying. lol...silly fish.

caitrina

Thanks Craig, is a pretty cool thread. Maybe when I get out of Fl and all set up the way I want I will attempt and succeed.

Frankie

RS STAFF
:wave: I have a recent picture of my Cat clam! Miss you around here, hope all is well :)
Topdown003.jpg
It's the top one~

caitrina

No fair leaving FL.
I have missed my shopping buddy.

Miss you too Lynn. I haven't been doing much shopping. Started to go to HR over the weekend and then remembered MACNa and knew you were there, plus at that time I wasn't sure if Ike was going to come our way so I figured there was no sense in doing a water change because it would have been futile. Plus I got nailed by the tornado from Fay and I am trying to put my home back together. :nopity: lol... I gotta leave Fl.

caitrina

Wow Frankie, Cat Clam is pretty. I'm glad she did well for you. She grew...lol That is pretty cool. I miss being around too Frankie, IHopefully I will be able to get things back together, get moved in about a year and a half and then just enjoy all things I want, like RS and my friends here. That would be nice. :dance:

Last edited: