10 gallon Nano Reef

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice work on the stand! Did you go with the new Sol Nano? I'll be interested is seeing that one, as I haven't seen any of the Nanos out there yet.

jonathan10

Nice work on the stand! Did you go with the new Sol Nano? I'll be interested is seeing that one, as I haven't seen any of the Nanos out there yet.

Thanks! I sure did....I went with the Sol Nano Blue with the AI Controller. Brian at TBAquatics doesn't know exactly when they will be getting the shipment in so I could be wait for a little while but that's ok. I really felt like that was/is the unit that I would be most happy with so I figure it'll be worth the wait. I think until it comes in I will just use a little T5 fixture to light thet ank. I won't have anything major in there for a while so it shouldn't be a problem.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
That should be a perfect size Sol for your tank. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer, even though you're still putting things together - maybe you'll get it when you're ready for it!

jonathan10

Well I am running into a snag with my hood design. I had planned on mounting the AI SOL Nano right in the hood with some openings in the hood to let the heat escape. However, I just spoke with AI's customer support and the unit needs to have at least 2"-3" of clearance from the hood. My hood was only going to be 4" deep. To keep the light from sticking out of the bottom of the hood I would now have to have it about 6" deep, and I just think that would look kind of funny. It's really quite frustrating not being able to have the light here to work around. I think I will just complete the base of the stand and then wait until I get the light to complete the hood or decide to go another route.