Search results

1. I

wierd critter

it might be a while befor i get some more live rock and all the algea is cleared off the base rock should i drop in an algea disk?
  2. I

wierd critter

another pic ... man i need to clean my glass bad
  3. I

wierd critter

another pic
  4. I

wierd critter

okay i finally saw him again ... this time i got the camera befor turning on the lights.... hit the lights and took some pics as he ran (he is actually a quick lil blok)
  5. I

wierd critter

that looks about right except that mine had shorter stockier antenii and did not have the little bubble thing on his head ... btw do those have a common name and are they harmful?
  6. I

wierd critter

i thought those where bigger ... but i will go look up some pics ... it came in on my base rock
  7. I

wierd critter

last night i say this critter about 1 cm long and 1/2 wide and tall it had 2 definant antenni and what locamotion like a snails foot. the critter appered to be soft bodied all over and was brown with a little white on him. i turned on the light and then ran to get my camera and i guess the...
  8. I

Canopy Weigh?

also if your worried about weight here are a couple ideas i had (please note they seem logical but i have not tried them) 1) if you are using wood find a light type or if you have to use a certian type to match your stand reduce the thickness and just run some sort of back bracing 2) you...
  9. I

wisdom from the LFS

hehe ... yeah to bad he doesn't have to wear a sign that reads "dropped on head as baby" :stars: or "aqauticaly challange" :drown: .... would help the less informed customers :crowd:
  10. I

wisdom from the LFS

hey nigle could you throw the name of you store out (phone too plz) ... i am down in ky and already planning a reefing trip to indy for supplies so i might have to make a stop up there and as for a "standard knowledge base" i think i would settle for common sence. the sun doesn't warm the...
  11. I

wisdom from the LFS

oh i forgot to mention his corals started as low as 19.99 and ther where more than just leathers and shrooms in this price range
  12. I

wisdom from the LFS

damn sin ... you LFS is almost as bad as mine oh btw i went shopping today ... but not for gear or livestock .... i found a new LFS ... i talk to the owner and he seemed to shoot pretty straight, his shop was clean and well maintained, all but one coral looked heathy and the fish where...
  13. I

wisdom from the LFS

i wonder if he has any findings to back this up :-P
  14. I

wisdom from the LFS

here are just a few of the wonderful tidbits of information i got from a clerk at a LFS last sunday 1) no algea is photosinthetic so running your lights will not cause an algea bloom 2) If you had just bought IO from us you would not need to check your salinity 3a) a 2 degree tempure...
  15. I

latest post?

hmm ... i am not seeing it ... i belive i am using the flycat skin
  16. I

latest post?

is there a button some where to get a list of like the 25, 50, or 100 latest post ... if there is where is it, and if not could we get one. IMO this would make it easy to kind the latest post with out having to look thru all the different sections on the forum page
  17. I

Time again to vote for DOW!! (Discussion of the Week)

well since i am a total neophite when it comes to inverts i am not even sure what to put in the poll, like differnt methods and the like. curt could you please help me get the ball rolling on this one?
  18. I

Ice Dragon's 75 gallon tank

hmmm .... well i installed my euroreef 3 days ago and i have plenty of bubbles but not a drop of skimmate ... i have check the config 10 times and the waterlevel is exactly up to top of the bodys neck (as per owners manual) could this be just because there is only base rock in my tank and if so...
  19. I

yeah i thought about that so i cut a custome foam prefilter from a hagen auqaclear mini refill ... i checked the flow rate with and with out on the mag 7 and the circulation loss seemed negligable. please let me know if this is a good idea or not
  20. I

hey jay good to see you here btw just as an update i have plumbed the autotop off system ... so 2 floatswitches and it will be done :) also tried to run my SWCD of my GenX GX2400 pump and it just cant handel running inline like the box says (oh well at least i found a guy at the LFS that...