wierd critter

IceDragon

last night i say this critter about 1 cm long and 1/2 wide and tall it had 2 definant antenni and what locamotion like a snails foot. the critter appered to be soft bodied all over and was brown with a little white on him. i turned on the light and then ran to get my camera and i guess the little blok ran for the hills becaus i havent seen him sence ... any idea what he is?

BoomerD

Stomatella sp. snail perhaps? Theyoften appear to be soft-bodied with no shell...otherwise fits the description pretty well...

stomatella.jpg

IceDragon

that looks about right except that mine had shorter stockier antenii and did not have the little bubble thing on his head ... btw do those have a common name and are they harmful?

BoomerD

The only common name I've ever heard is "Reef Bunny", presumable because of the long antennae resembling ears? OR they are prolific as rabbits :D
There are several different species we can vome across in the hobby. Here's one of the ones I have in my tank... (crappy pic...)
ace.sized.jpg

IceDragon

okay i finally saw him again ... this time i got the camera befor turning on the lights.... hit the lights and took some pics as he ran (he is actually a quick lil blok)

Witfull

definately stomella snail...aka fingernail snail. algae eater and can be prolific breeders. harmless and beneficial to reefs.

IceDragon

it might be a while befor i get some more live rock and all the algea is cleared off the base rock should i drop in an algea disk?