Search results

1. T

new skimmer

I am thinking of buying a lifereef skimmer SVS3-24 or VS3-30 to put in my sump. Does anyone know about these skimmers or lifereef products at all? Everything i've read puts them up there with the best on the market.
  2. T

starfish melting

Got home today and 2 of my bristles are melting. The top of the center disk is gone the 3rd is fine so far. PH-8.2, Ammonia-0, Nitrate-0, Nitrite-0. What could have done this???[http://www.reefsanctuary.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/14151/size/big]. Is something maybe attacking them???If you...
  3. T

Need help with plumbing

I need help with return piping on mag 9.5. My plan is to run this in 1.50" PVC. Right out of the pump into a 45 degree ell run 20" (in this 20" run i will put in a 1.50" ball union valve) into another 45 degree ell to go up the back, run 33" (in this 33" run up i will put in a 1.50" union) up...
  4. T

What do you think???

OK heres what I have 120 gal(48" x 24" x 24") SW FOWLR 135lbs + LR, 120lbs LS, 20 lbs GARF grunge plus, 40 gal sump/refum w/ASM G2 w/gatevalve and recirc mods, mag 9.5 for return, CPR 1200 GPH Continuous Siphon overflow, 48" Aqualight Pro HQI Fixture w/2-150w MH, 2-96w Actinic Bulbs and 4-1w...
  5. T

Hi everyone

I am setting up a 120 SW(my first) FOWLR no fish right now and maybe some corals later on. I ordered the garf grunge plus 20 lbs and the cleaning crew today be here Thursday. I have 2 peppermint shrimp and 3 bumble bee snails in there now seem fine. I am thinking about a Green Mandarin Goby in...