Search results

1. Surfnut

Good place to get fresh Reef Harvested Live-Rock? Like 24 hours from reef to door,...

Title says it all. I am toying around with the idea of getting a 150g cube going. I will either start with a sterile dead tank and slowly add flora & fauna to round out the tank - or - I'd like to get fresh rock from the reef of my choosing. I'd like to find rock that is at my door within 24-36...
  2. Surfnut

New Species of Shrimp Discovered

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/star-gazing-shrimp-discovered-south-africa-n253446
  3. Surfnut

2 year old RSM 130d for sale

I have a 2 year old RSM 130d that I received from a friend recently and just don't have the room for another tank. The system includes the tank and stand of course. Several upgrades and updates were made to the tank per RSM's guidelines. The system is like new. No scrapes or scratches. The only...
  4. Surfnut

Alien-Looking Catfish found in India - Evil & Cool

http://news.discovery.com/animals/toothy-alien-looking-catfish-baffles-zoologists-140514.htm
  5. Surfnut

Easiest way to sterilize and clean an RSM 130

I need to clean a used RSM I received. Can I just fill it up with RO and a 1/2 cup of bleach and let the system run a day or two to kill off all biological matter. Then perhaps run a mixture of vinegar and RO to clean the system thoroughly, pumps included, prior to tearing it all down and giving...
  6. Surfnut

Just picked up as RSM-34. Any recommended mods or fixes?

Just picked up as RSM-130. Any recommended mods or fixes? I helped a friend tear down her RSM-130. We transferred her setup into a new 60g Cube: Beautiful tank. She was nice enough to give me the RSM-130 and stand. I'm going to give the tank a good cleaning with vinegar tomorrow. This...
  7. Surfnut

New species of Anemone found in Antarctica

http://www.ibtimes.com/new-species-sea-anemone-found-antarctica-mysterious-edwardsiella-andrillae-lives-upside-down-under
  8. Surfnut

Conjoined whales found in Mexican Lagoon: Fukashima ?

Sad Sad story,.... Does make one think in regards to all the radiation they have been tracking. It looks like the pacific is a toxic, radioactive soup...
  9. Surfnut

Largest Privately Owned Reef Tank in the country apparently - Great little video

Bristol home features largest privately-owned fish tank | FOX6Now.com
  10. Surfnut

Still getting malicious attacks from the site...

Malwarebytes doesn't give me a log for the attack just yet but I am getting regular attacks that are being blocked. Wish I could be more helpful: Just wanted you to be aware we have an issue again. If I can get a log dug up I'll post it immediately.
  11. Surfnut

Malwarebytes PRO Still getting hit with attacks from the site

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum for this, but I am still getting "Malicious Content Blocked" messages from RS,.. I'm digging a bit deeper into my logs to find ore info on this. I'll post what I have so far and will update when I find more useful info. Already had to do a fresh install...
  12. Surfnut

Lookin at starting a 60g or 100+g cube

I've a project forming; The the plan is in it's infancy. My current thoughts are regarding the lighting. I'd love some input on this. If I do the 60g, 2x2x2, Is a large number of T5's going to allow me to grow interesting, and colorful, sps corals? My biggest concern in this penetration depth of...
  13. Surfnut

Worried about rock breaking thru tank on BB

I'm restarting with a sterile tank setup in the next month or so. This new setup with be an SPS tank with a bare bottom. My concerns at this time are that the weight of the rock pressing directly against the glass will cause it to fail. I've considered placing 1/8" plexi sheets at the...
  14. Surfnut

Restarting using an existing system.

I've decided to use a mix of several old systems to build a 120g w/dual overflow. My thoughts at the moment dwell on whether I should be starting with a completely sterile environment; Cooked rock, new water, bagged biological starters. Or if the benefits of starting with uncured live rock; I've...
  15. Surfnut

Can SPS be grown in a 34g Red Sea

Thinking about picking up something like this as a hold over till I have the larger system setup down the road. It's got 2 x 55w T5, gives 4w per gallon. There's a similar system made by Solana that has a 150w HQI setup giving the tank 4.4w per gallon; Just doesn't seem as quite the quality as...
  16. Surfnut

Lighting for a large cube..

I'm looking at taking some time off from reefing. Tho, the vacation will be fairly short lived; 6 months I figure. I'm trying to plan out a system & can be proud of as well as take my time building properly. My current plans are for a Large Rimless Glass Tank from Glass Cages. The dimensions...
  17. Surfnut

Mulling new project...

I've had an idea bouncing around the ol brainpan for a bit now. Is it possible to have what I would call a 100% sterile environment? By this I mean everything in the tank was placed there by the tank owner. No pests, no hitchhikers, just what is placed within the tank. While I can see this being...
  18. Surfnut

Cold Water Project...

I'm entertaining the switch from tropical to cold water. At this point I have the 34g Red Sea Pod in mind for this project. Hook up a solid chiller & drop the temp to whatever is needed. Is there going to be a precipitation problem on the outside of the tank? How Difficult is it to obtain...
  19. Surfnut

Few photo's...Pic Heavy

Finally got around to taking a few photos of the tank. Quality isn't up to my liking; Didnt have the proper lens or a tri-pod..
  20. Surfnut

Red Bubble Algae?

These buggers are stange as hell.. They are a deep purple red. Roughly the size of a pea. The oddest thing is they randomly put out bright neon orange looking leaves. Almost looks like a tiny glowing orange head of lettuce. I finally tracked down the camera & will try n have a pic up soon...