Search results

1. H

New project

That’s a great idea! My wife would love it...... Thanks for the heads up regarding the electrics. (The lamp isn’t plugged in BTW!). It’s all been wired to seperate circuits on opposite sides, so should be ok. Will keep an eye out though. Update: Live rock now in, lights are fitted and sand...
  2. H

New project

Hi all Just wanted to share my new build. I’ve been in the hobby a long time, but this is my first foray into the SW world. Got my hands on an old RSM 130 and have upgraded the skimmer and lights. I’m trying to create a ‘space’ in the living room so tried to aquascape so it flows into that...
  3. H

Too good to be true????

Thank you for the welcome. I will definitely start a tank thread in the coming weeks. As I said, I've been out of the hobby for more than a decade so I'm going VERY slowly and doing lots of reading to catch up. Things have come a long way! Here is a picture of my last fw tank. As you can see, I...
  4. H

Too good to be true????

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the dangers associated with these systems. My OCD wont allow me to not watch it carefully. I was referring more to the price. It is, at least, a third of the price anywhere else for the same product. I have thrown my money at it and will update you...
  5. H

Too good to be true????

Hi all. Excited to be here after 10+ years from the hobby (Albeit, freshwater planted tanks), I have finally taken the plunge and started collecting gear for my first reef tank. I'm amazed at the advances in technology over this time and I must say, it is a little overwhelming! I look forward to...