New project

Husmut

455A3E45-D2D8-4F0F-BBA6-AE13A28F1F0A.jpeg 4C2686EE-283D-4216-91CA-D10E437FA65E.jpeg Hi all

Just wanted to share my new build. I’ve been in the hobby a long time, but this is my first foray into the SW world.

Got my hands on an old RSM 130 and have upgraded the skimmer and lights. I’m trying to create a ‘space’ in the living room so tried to aquascape so it flows into that ‘space’. It was my first go at using epoxy, but I think it worked out.

Today, I’ll finish topping up, connect all the pumps/skimmer and drop a few bits of LR to help seed the tank.....then wait!

Learning curve has been huge but immensely enjoyable. Looking forward to adding to the forum that I have learnt so much from! Ta!

DaveK

The tank looks good there but I'd recommend you find another location away from the electronics. In sw systems you tend to get salt spray or salt creep everywhere nearby, and this is not a good thing for electronics.

Husmut

That’s a great idea! My wife would love it......

Thanks for the heads up regarding the electrics. (The lamp isn’t plugged in BTW!). It’s all been wired to seperate circuits on opposite sides, so should be ok. Will keep an eye out though.

Update: Live rock now in, lights are fitted and sand added.
For some reason, whenever I try to post a close up, the server rejects it on size. Distant shots work though. Any ideas?