Search results

1. Kendall B

Water Flow for a 40 gallon new reef tank

Just getting s medium sized crew and there is plenty of food for them in this 40 gallon.
  2. Kendall B

Thanks for the in put. I was worried that it was to much flow for soft coral. I've just cycled the tank... yes the diatoms are in full effect so I'm right on schedule. Gonna get a good sized clean up crew this weekend.
  3. Kendall B

I am a newbie, yet excited, newbie that just successfully cycled my first saltwater tank. I have a 40 gallon breeder with a Eshoops HOB PSK-100H Protein Skimmer and a HOB 30-60 gallon filter pump. I have two simple Clowns that are doing great. I am running two separate 800gph powerheads inside...
  4. Kendall B

Too much foam

I just started a thread on this overflowing foam on skimmer issues. Check out the attached picture. This little valve comes in most air pump setups. Put in on my air intake valve and I get to control all the little bubbles to wet or dry skim. Hope it works for ya.
  5. Kendall B

Foam overflow fix for Eshoops' PSK-75H or 100H HOB Protein Skimmer

So if you own a Eshoops' PSK-75H or 100H Protein Skimmer you know all to well how sensitive these skimmers are to control foam overflow. You hear people say things like "you gotta find the sweet spot " or "you have to wait until is broken in". Well I have had mine for a while and I still have it...
  6. Kendall B

Eshoops' PSK-100H HOB Protein Skimmer

Thank you. Today she is cloudy as I am starting my brown algae Dustin bloom portion of cycling. Day 14 right on schedule.
  7. Kendall B

Thanks, yeah I saw all of those options. The shaft is 2 1/2 inches long, I was hoping of finding one the same size and substitute it rather than spending $40 on a new impeller or a few hundred for a new pump. Thanks for the response.
  8. Kendall B

Glad to be a part of reef sanctuary as a new member. I am on day 13 of cycling my 49 gallon breeder which I converted from fresh water to saltwater. Thanks to love of coworkers and friends I have only had to come out of pocket very lightly For this build. I was donated the following free of...