Eshoops' PSK-100H HOB Protein Skimmer

Kendall B

Glad to be a part of reef sanctuary as a new member. I am on day 13 of cycling my 49 gallon breeder which I converted from fresh water to saltwater. Thanks to love of coworkers and friends I have only had to come out of pocket very lightly For this build. I was donated the following free of charge:
-20lbs of live rock
-40lbs of dry rock,
-two 850 wavemaker powerheads,
-an Evergrow LED Intelligent Lighting ($300 value) has the sun rise to sunset, moon lights and simulates lightning.
-Hydrometer
- 60gpm HOB pump was already there
-and even got donated two adult clown fish which I added 2 days ago to speed up the cycle (**PICTURE ATTACHED)

So really I only came out of pocket for the live sand, nutria seawater and 2 jugs of R/O water. As of today all my levels are normal with 0ppm of ammonia but my Nitrates were spiked today to 8,0ppm so rather than do a water change I started shopping for a protein skimmer.... and right on que another buddy gave me his Eshoops' PSK-100H Protein Skimmer which he doesn't use since he upgraded to a 109 gallon and has a sump. I do my research on the skimmer and by research I mean youtube and i am on board to get her set up plus it was free.

As soon as I plug it up I got my arse handed to me. The Eshoop' PSK-100H Protein Skimmer starts over flowing uncontrollably even st the lowest setting. This goes on for hours until I saw a YouTube hack by placing the back top of a "bic" in the air hose to reduce intake until the skimmer breaks in... works perfectly. The next day I see the skimmer pump is leaking. Carefuly take it apart to find the gasket (O-Ring) is dry rotted and has many cracks... and the big slap in the face is I find the impeller shaft is broken in two... oh and it is ceramic. I've searched every for s replacement shaft which 2 1/2 inches long. The gasket in sure I can find t Lowes. Need some help.. any help in what to do about this broken impeller shaft. I also welcome any positive tips any of you experienced reefers might have... oh and FYI "Nemo" and "Florence" (kids named them" are doing just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0238.JPG
    IMG_0238.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 9

DaveK

According to the manufacturer's web site, your PSK-100H skimmer uses a Sicce SE-200 pump. See these links (offsite) -
http://www.eshopps.com/products/proteinskimmer/hangon/psk100h/
http://www.eshopps.com/products/accessories/skimmer-accessories/02004/

Doing a quick search, I couldn't find anyone that listed just the shaft and had it in stock, but I did find that you could get the impeller and shaft together. Here is a link (offsite) -
http://www.aquacave.com/replacement-impeller-for-sicce-psk200-skimmer-pump.html

As you can see, they are not exactly cheep. It might be worth replacing the entire pump.

Kendall B

Thanks, yeah I saw all of those options. The shaft is 2 1/2 inches long, I was hoping of finding one the same size and substitute it rather than spending $40 on a new impeller or a few hundred for a new pump. Thanks for the response.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
:rbwwelc:to RS !

nice start !

index.php