Search results

1. Susanedw

Bluefish Mini Controller settings

So I did the led retrofit (steve's led's) and am trying to get the bluefish settings set. In setting times, does the "length" of time include the ramp up or down time? So if morning starts at 8 with a 90 min ramp and 240 min length (4 hrs), is it a total of 4 hrs or 4 hrs plus 1.5 hrs: ex...
  2. Susanedw

Prazipro or not

I received 4 fish from LA on Thurs--2 nice sized clowns, a Ruby head wrasse, also nice size, and a Lubbocks wrasse a bit smaller. I had a 3rd wrasse on order but somehow he's now on back order. I'm concerned about adding 1 wrasse to a group already in the qt tank, esp. as I don't know when it...
  3. Susanedw

e170 power center-no power

I just inherited my dau's RS Max E170 and was trying to test the led light and I cannot get any power to the power center. Tried plugging something else in there and nope, no juice. Is there a fuse that might need replacing?
  4. Susanedw

1 durso noisy

Just got my sump/tank going. 125g with dual overflows, 1 durso each overflow and 1 return each. The right side, with the longest travel is quiet and barely bubbling in the sump. The left is like an overactive burbling machine. Lots of bubbles and flow and noisy. I suspect the right side is...
  5. Susanedw

Current USA Orbit Pro lights

I'm trying to figure out what lights for a 125g mixed reef tank. 72x18x22 I'm on a tight budget--like 700 bucks. I was looking at the Current USA loop Marine Pro for approx 600 bucks. It includes 2 lights and the loop controller system. There is also the maybe advantage of using the pumps and...
  6. Susanedw

sponges

I thought the purpose of the sponges was to keep detritus from getting down to the pumps intake. But when I remove the sponges, it is quite full of junk. A while ago, I cut the sponges into thirds to see if that would help with my high nitrate issue--and changed them out every few days...
  7. Susanedw

Water changes with Sump

Okay, this might seem like a silly question but as I've not had a tank with sump, I'm not sure how you do water changes. If I have a manifold, I know I can use this. But what is the procedure Do I just open valve and let the return pump pump out what I want? (via hose into sink or container) Is...
  8. Susanedw

Plumbing

Posting this as a separate topic than just my build thread for more feedback as not everyone checks out build threads. Getting ready to order plumbing. Might see how much we have on hand to do test runs before order. Hubby will be my plumber for sure! But I'd like to look like I know what I'm...
  9. Susanedw

Stocking ideas/list for 125 gal

While I'm waiting on my build to progress, I've been trying to get a fish list put together. For my 66 gal, I've relied on what I can find locally. This time, even if it means ordering, I want to plan what I want, with being flexible of course. Tank is 6' 125 gal with a 30 gal sump (Bashsea...
  10. Susanedw

Susan's Grand 125 Adventure

Welcome to my mad adventure. Can't believe I did this during holiday season of all times! Starting a new build so I don't clutter up my other build thread (RMS c250 66g). I thought I got a good deal on craigslist. An Aqueon dual mega overflow. It came with a stand, 47 gal sump and a bubble...
  11. Susanedw

Image uploading

I used to be able to load multiple images at once. Was changed a while back so you have to load them one at a time. This is a pain, esp. in a forum that encourages images, esp. in our builds. Frankly I stopped updating my build because it was too time consuming. I belong to another forum and I...
  12. Susanedw

Penny in water

Okay, this might seem very silly but I just mixed up almost 20 gal of rodi water with salt a couple hours ago. On the way of wheeling it to my office to do a water change, I see a penny in the bottom of the can. The can has had 20 gal of rodi water in it for a couple weeks, holding for the next...
  13. Susanedw

sponges

C250 sponge questions First, I can't seem to locate replacement sponges for both sides of the sump--just the large I believe. The sponges in the c250 are 2 different sizes Second, is there an alternative to using the sponges. Seems they are nitrate factories, and when I remove them, the...
  14. Susanedw

Crab? What kind? Good or bad?

Any idea what kind of crab? If not a baby emerald, it had to come in on a frag and survived a coral dip
  15. Susanedw

HELP! c250 bulb replacement

I've been trying to replace my bulbs and am having a hard time finding the whites. And the 34" odd sizing doesn't help as there isn't many places who have. Marine Depot has what I need as discontinued. I found the actinic at amazon and ordered three instead of 2. And they have the pink. But...
  16. Susanedw

Marine Velvet

This has been the worst week in all my 6 months. I've lost 7 fish in a week. I suspect the last batch of fish around mother's day brought something in. I purchased 3 anthias and 2 barnacle blennies (haven't seen them for days. But they are hard to find anyway so am hopeful.) To cement this...
  17. Susanedw

Colt and White tipped leather

My daughter and son in law gave me a frag with a colt and the white tipped leather--maybe two of those. Can they share the same rock? I have 2 other colts in my tank and wanted to put this new frag on the same lone rock. I don't have pics yet as they are not in the tank yet, just in plastic...
  18. Susanedw

Trochus Snail Babies

I have babies! Trochus snails. Was pulling algae of the polyps and zoa frag and saw this little guy. One picture shows his size in relation to the polyp. Then I looked again at what looked like a bump on the rock. I touched it with my long tweezers and it started moving! Two babies. Had no idea...
  19. Susanedw

Sun Coral

just got my first head of Sun corals and would love tips or tricks. Right now I'm sticking it in a rubbermaid bowl in the tank (lids holds it in place) to feed. Need to buy a drink in a bigger plastic bottle so I can try feeding that way. The bowl has the advantage of not adding too much food to...
  20. Susanedw

Gonipora questions

I just got this on Easter. Been researching but most of what I find are for the longer tentacle gonis and mine is a tight cluster. I don't think it will extend much farther. Can anyone confirm that there are short and long? Right now, it is on a small rock on bottom in moderate flow. Seems happy...