Search results

1. J

RSM 250 Microbubbles

I have always had microbubbles after water changes because my skimmer goes crazy. But it does settle eventually. But I have worked out how to stop them entering my display area. I found the bubbles found a way past the foam filters and into the pumps. If u look in the back you can see where...
  2. J

Marty's reef tank

Nice tank mate you've put a lot of work into it. :)
  3. J

Ballast compatability

It's called a tridonic 2x39 t5 lp pro. As soon as I get a chance ill start a tank thread. Cheers
  4. J

Ballast compatability

All done now and working the extra pin was for a continuous spur so if 1 tube blows the other will still come on. I removed that spur and wired in the new ballast and all working again. Only difference between old and new is that with the rsm ballast if a tube blows the other still works on the...
  5. J

Any electricians that can help please??

Cheers again Dave. All done now until you said that for some reason I was scared of changing the wiring incase I blew my rsm hood up. Lol just removed the continuous spur from the circuit and wired new bsllast in. Only difference now is that on the old ballast if 1 tube wasn't working the other...
  6. J

As you can see the common connection between the red wires on the red sea max ballast is not on the new ballast. So when I would wire it up I would be left with the middle wire. The tridonic 2x39 wiring diagram doesn't state anything about a common connection!!
  7. J

It's the middle pin that is missing on the new ballast
  8. J

On the rsm diagram it says that the middle pin is a common connection between the 2 lamps it runs. Just need 2 work out how to add common connection to the new ballast.
  9. J

Thanks for your help ill look into it. Didn't get a diagram with the ballast but may be able to find one online. Cheers
  10. J

I think it's not guna work but basically I bought a ballast to replace a red sea max 250 one. But my new ballast only has 6 output pins whereas the rsm has 7 pins. I have another thread titled ballast compatability which has photos of the 2 ballast wiring diagrams I was wondering if maybe I...
  11. J

Any experienced sparkies on here need help with ballast wiring please.
  12. J

Ballast compatability

Anybody??? Really struggling with this.
  13. J

Ballast compatability

Realy need some help please from someone knowledgeable with electrics my new ballast only has 6 pins where as the red sea max 1 has 7. It is the middle pin that is the extra 1 I think. Any ideas on how to wire it up??
  14. J

Royal Gramma Shy?

Thought I'd add a pic hard to get a realy decent shot allways on the move....
  15. J

Will the Deltec Mc500 fit in the MaxC250?

My lfs said tunze? Are bringing out a new skimmer in February that will fit and is better than the deltec. Obviously we won't know if it's better or not until it's actually out on sale lol
  16. J

Royal Gramma Shy?

Yes indeed an awesome addition to my tank! :)
  17. J

Water change

I do 10 percent every weekend then have 2 bottles made up. One for topping up evaporation and one saltwater that I do a few litre change every other day. My tank is 250 litres
  18. J

Royal Gramma Shy?

I also have a royal gramma. Stayed hidden for the first week and usually for a while if I change anything around in my tank. But out most of the time and is fine with my clowns, purple tang and others. The only fish I have that I rarely see is my aurora goby!
  19. J

LED Strip between T5s

Yep very easy and pretty much the first thing I did as I thought the stock moonlights were pants!