Search results

1. K

Flow

money is a bit tight right now :-) is a single jebao wp-10 would be enough for my yank? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jebao-Wavemaker-with-controller-WP-10-WP-25-WP-40-WP-60-/171830331508?var=&hash=item2801e2c874
  2. K

Flow

hi everybody! im going to order a wave maker not sure what gph is right for my tank, its a 55gal cube ( L24"x W24" x H25" ) my tank is setup for a fowlr at the moment but will add easy corals in a few months looking at these first choice (1600 gph)...
  3. K

distilled water for top off and salt mixing

hi everybody! do you use distilled water to mix salt or top off ? ive read an article that you can use distilled water (the ones we buy in the supermarket) for those two things.
  4. K

ebay RODI

5. K

8 watts uv

I have a Aqua uv classic 15watt, the problem is I was cleaning it I accidentally drop the Quartz sleeve so I was left with a broken sleeve and a busted bulb maybe I should just repair the one that I have it will be more cost wise but a better built (I think)vs the gamma. The uv is kinda more of...
  6. K

8 watts uv

the higher the wattage the better?
  7. K

ebay RODI

My tank is a 55gall cube I really don't know right now how much water I will need, it's not yet set up. Still waiting for my skimmer to arrive. And also I'm looking at a cheap replacement cartridge that works.
  8. K

8 watts uv

Just wondering if the 8 watts of uv is enough for a 55gal cube. A friend of mine is selling his current satellite gamma uv sterilizer 8wts for $20 the only thing wrong is I need to buy a Quartz sleep for the unit but the bulb is new. Back to my question is 8 watts enough? Or I need a higher...
  9. K

ebay RODI

Got confused man sorry totally new to this, the eBay rodi system that I link, is that unit okay for our hobby? Or I look for something else ? Bulk reef supply's rodi system are a bit expensive
  10. K

ebay RODI

Okay so eBay RODI if good to go Drako: do I have the link were u get yours? Thanks
  11. K

ebay RODI

Just wondering if anyone here use or purchase RODI from ebay? i was looking at this http://www.ebay.com/itm/MADE-IN-USA-6-STAGE-Aquarium-Reef-Reverse-Osmosis-Water-RO-DI-50-GPD-MEMBRANE-/181046369678?hash=item2a27345d8e is it the same as the bulk reef supply RODI system?
  12. K

Red Sea Berlin Classic Protein Skimmer

ive seen the skimmer, the owner is still using it, next week he will order a bigger skimmer for his tank, it looks like a little bit dirty because its been running when i saw it, ill try to lower the price to $20 LOL....
  13. K

Red Sea Berlin Classic Protein Skimmer

Hi everybody!, just wanna ask you experienced reefers, is it worth to pay $25 for a red sea berlin classic skimmer with new pump? http://www.marinedepot.com/Red_Sea_Berlin_Classic_Protein_Skimmer_In_Sump_Venturi_Protein_Skimmers_For_Tanks_100_to_250_Gallons-Red_Sea-RS1111-FIPSISVSHT-4-vi.html
  14. K

hi everybody!! newbie guy here :-)

Thanks!! :bounce: yup ill post some pics after i address some issues with the skimmer i bought, if anyone out there that know the reef octopus BH100 need some :help: !!! two issues bugging me with my RO bh100, since we dont use skimmer in my planted tanks i have no idea about it but i pretty...
  15. K

And one more question is this normal? There are micro bubbles coming from the side of the motor near the Venturi
  16. K

And one more question is this normal? There are micro bubbles coming from the side of the motor near the Venturi
  17. K

the elbow with strainer is just an option? So I can run it with out the surface skimmer? Can I plug a sponge into the Venturi ?
  18. K

hi to all, Im a total newbie to saltwater, i join here because im about to setup a 37gal (30x12x22) reef tank (soft corals, i got the tank/stand, light and a reef octopus bh100 hang on back protein skimmer. I bought the skimmer used being a newbie i dont know what parts are missing and i found...