Search results

1. kelsyleyendecker

HELP! Help!!!!

Thanks everyone who responded! The creatures all seem to be doing ok. Salinity is good but I need to check the rest of the water. I haven't had a chance. I think that I did the change too quickly being in a hurry, didn't condition the tap water and didn't get it warmer. It's cold here and I took...
  2. kelsyleyendecker

HELP! Help!!!!

Barnie is doing well. He has molted twice since summer in the tank. He hasn't moved to the larger shell but I worry he doesn't like the other shell. Maybe I need to buy him a few options. Most places don't sell bigger shells though. So I'm not sure where to find a decent selection of 4" and 5"...
  3. kelsyleyendecker

HELP! Help!!!!

So the water was baaaaaaad. As some of you know I have leukemia and nobody else learned how to do water changes. I usually do a weekly change of 3 gallons of salt water and top off with fresh to what the water level stays at. This keeps salinity pretty perfect. But I got really sick and we...
  4. kelsyleyendecker

HELP! Help!!!!

So I changed the water in our 10 gallon and upon adding some fresh water as a top off, I was distracted and completely forgot to condition the gallon of water first and dumped 1 gallon of straight tap water into our 10 gallon tank. I realized it as soon as I poured it in. Now the clownfish is...
  5. kelsyleyendecker

What are these and where did they come from?

We bought some larger snails from Petco which the hermit crab has enjoyed for a meal instead of them helping clean.... but I noticed these little trunks sticking out of the sand a few days ago and just saw what they belong to. There's some tiny crawlers in here. How did they get here when we...
  6. kelsyleyendecker

Need to find shells...

My very large hermit crab seems to be checking the other shell for an option to move. He has moved into it a couple times, only to move back to the old one. He's about a 4 inch shell crab. I don't even know where to find bigger shells than what I have here. Any suggestions? Sent from my...
  7. kelsyleyendecker

HELP! Why did this shell change colors?

So I don't need to do anything right now? These aren't signs of something wrong? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  8. kelsyleyendecker

HELP! New to Salt water

NitrAtes, nitrites and ammonia are at 0 and pH is around 8.2 or 8.4. Hard to tell. That's all I can test for. Creatures seem active and normal. Water seems clouded than before we had the clown but the pH was much lower back then too. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  9. kelsyleyendecker

NitrAtes, nitrites and ammonia are at 0 and pH is around 8.2 or 8.4. Hard to tell. That's all I can test for. Creatures seem active and normal. Water seems clouded than before we had the clown but the pH was much lower back then too. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  10. kelsyleyendecker

HELP! New to Salt water

Moved everything off to the side so he could really get into the sand and clean some. Not sure what all he will eat. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  11. kelsyleyendecker

Moved everything off to the side so he could really get into the sand and clean some. Not sure what all he will eat. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  12. kelsyleyendecker

HELP! New to Salt water

So now we came home from vacation and the algae is gone but the empty shell is pinkish and green all of a sudden and the sand floor is messy but I can't seem to get it out via siphoning. It either takes a bunch of sand too or it just spreads it around. I'd end up with no water to get it all...
  13. kelsyleyendecker

It's beautiful but I was worried it could be something bad. Also, I feel like my "ocean floor" is really dirty. Mr. Crabs isn't working hard enough. LOL But I've tried to siphon the junk but either I take out everything or nothing at all. I'm getting frustrated. Can I leave the floor nasty or...
  14. kelsyleyendecker

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  15. kelsyleyendecker

And I noticed a little of the pinkish stuff possibly on the hermit's shell as well Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  16. kelsyleyendecker

Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful! But while on vacation, this empty shell got a makeover. I'm not sure what that is but if it's bad, I'd like to take care of it asap. I just did a 50% water change. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  17. kelsyleyendecker

HELP! New to Salt water

Well its on the glass of the tank now too. Almost like brown spots inside. I feel like it's still growing very slowly. And we leave for vacation tomorrow. Hope it'll be ok until we get back. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  18. kelsyleyendecker

HELP! New to Salt water

Whatever it is its only on the crab shell. Should I clean him off? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  19. kelsyleyendecker

HELP! New to Salt water

Yea so when we had the blenny for a day. It ate the blood worms and stuff. But then when we gave that to the clown hoping he would eat it, it went to waste. He barely touched on any of that so it wasted a lot. I have no idea how to syphon the food out. The crab is working like crazy though...
  20. kelsyleyendecker

HELP! New to Salt water

I think there has been A LOT of uneaten food the last couple days because we had a different fish that was not a good match. When we got the clown, he didn't like that food so. A lot went to the floor and the crab couldn't eat it all. The water was clear this morning but since my water change...