Search results

1. Steve Lane

Salinity monitor?

Anyone ever used an electronic salinity monitor and if so, do they work?
  2. Steve Lane

Bi-Colour angel with identity problem.

Never seen or heard of this before. I`ve had this bi-colour for around 18 months with no problems, it`s a very happy reef-safe fish, always on show. Since I did a little bit of rock rearranging yesterday he/she has now decided she want`s to be a clownfish!
  3. Steve Lane

Any idea what type of algae this is?

Just scraped the algae scrubber and this new type of algae has grown at both sides of the screen where the LED is not quite as intense. Usually it`s similar to the "Turf" down the middle but not quite as green or stringy. This stuff is like mini seaweed which pops water when you squeeze it. Any...
  4. Steve Lane

New arrival.......Chromis fry!

Just spotted about 100 fry in a "cave" in my tank. No idea when or how or who or why. I have 2 common clowns and 5 blue/green Chromis. I`ve seen clownfish fry before and these are not from the clowns, they`ve never even looked like getting jiggy. Come to think of it neither have the Chromis. I...
  5. Steve Lane

RBT looking very sad

I`ts been great for months, always big and plump and healthy looking but for the last couple of months it`s looking like a rag-mop! All perams are fine.
  6. Steve Lane

Bluethroat Trigger hiding away

My Bluethroat for the past few days has been in hiding, not feeding or anything, just wedged behind the rocks. No idea why, he`s been in for about 2 months with no problems at all. Nothing in there that I would call a bully, only fish around the same size is the Bi-colour angel. The trigger is a...
  7. Steve Lane

Skimmer problem

Hmmmm????................skimmer (RSM 250) seems to be dumping a lot of air into the tank....not done anything to it. Any ideas out there? How are they for removing? Cheers
  8. Steve Lane

Coral id?

A couple of Acans and perhaps an Australian Favia but i`m not sure. I moved the Blasto down onto the sand and it seems to like it.
  9. Steve Lane

Taking photo`s withthe Galaxy S6 Edge?

Hi guys. The camera on this phone takes stunning, pin-sharp photo`s of the reef tank but I would like to know if I can get the fluorescence of the corals in actinic lighting to show up with perhaps some filter or something. Completely a novice here when it comes to this subject. Cheers
  10. Steve Lane

My RSM 250

Just experimenting with photo uploads so bear with me. Ok, I think I have it.
  11. Steve Lane

Hello!

Hi everyone. I`m just getting back into reef keeping after an 18 year absence. Just set up a 2nd hand Red Sea Max 250 a month ago. My last aquariums were a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft with full Tunze system, ran this for about 4 years and then had to downsize to a 5 ft MiniReef. A house move and other...