Search results

1. KaCee Bunn-Smith

HELP! Plastic Dice aquarium safe?

I admit it. I am a gamer. My wife is also a gamer. Magic, Dungeons & Dragons. Etc. So, we are setting up a new tank, and want to nerd it up a bit. Can anyone tell me if the standard plastic gaming dice are tank safe? If not, is there anything I can coat them with to make them tank safe...
  2. KaCee Bunn-Smith

My 2nd Tank thread

some of you may be aware of my main tank thread, which has been going almost a year now. That thread can be found here. This thread will be for my 2nd project, which will present some very different problems. This will be a fairly small desk top tank, measuring about 17 gallons, or 77 liters...
  3. KaCee Bunn-Smith

HELP! Effects of odd lighting on Corals/Fish

I have a very odd question. Can anyone tell me what the effect of having a pure RED light, or a pure GREEN light in a reef aquarium? Or more precisely the effect of moving between the two? A bit of backgorund... My wife and I have a 125 gallon reef tank stocked with coral and fish. (I have...
  4. KaCee Bunn-Smith

Arka Rock vs Live Rock

When I was last in my LFS getting the order in for my new 75 gallon reef tank, one of the girls mentioned Arka Rock instead of live rock. Has anyone here used it? Or anything like it? It was recommended that I could use Arka rock in the tank to get the shape and look I want, and then place 1...
  5. KaCee Bunn-Smith

First Time Reefer - My Tanks Journey

This thread may start out a little slow, as I have only just placed the order for my new tank and have been given a timescale of us to 4 weeks before it arrives. Since I am a first time reef tank owner though, I thought that I might journal why and how I have gotten to where I am. A bit of...
  6. KaCee Bunn-Smith

Just starting out. Advice appreciated

Good afternoon! I first posted this in the "Introductions" area, but I thought that maybe it would be best here. I am a first time Saltwater fish keeper so I am sure I have a lot to learn. I have kept freshwater tanks for about 4 years. I am looking for advice on setting up my tank for the...
  7. KaCee Bunn-Smith

First Time Saltwater Keeper

Good afternoon! I am a first time Saltwater fish keeper so I am sure I have a lot to learn. I have kept freshwater tanks for about 4 years. I am looking for advice on setting up my tank for the first time. I have not yet received my equipment, but I have placed my order. I am hoping that I...